Muscle Problem with Eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluepez

Reaction score
I am not sure how to link a photo here. I posted a picture of my English Lop of 1yr old in my gallery.

Spartacus started with his right eye, just weeping. No discharge, but kept weeping. Thought was allergies..all the scotch bloom just came to bloom and my allergies were going to. He was eating, drinking, and all the same. So another breeder suggested to treat with Pen G. I did that for 4 days and stopped cause he was getting soft poo.

There was some discharge from the eye..and now the eye sags. When you go to inspect the eye..he doesnt try and close it tight as any bunny would do and his other eye does. Its very loose. And the 3rd eyelid or that pink skin in tthere pops out! and back in..eww.

Come to find out his mama has it too in both eyes...So I am guessing genetics there, but anyone know WHAT it is? Some sort of muscle disorder?
Thanks
please go look at pic in my gallery.

Misty]

The 3rd eyelid may be infected, he may be having heart problems (these lead to 3rd eyelids sticking out, etc), or there may be something pushing against his eye from the inside, for instance a large abscess of the tooth root or nasal cavity nearby. It needs vet attention soon. The only one of these that could be treated at home is a 3rd eyelid infection, and since you say the eye itself is sagging, I would suspect something pushing against the eye instead. Tooth problems can be genetic, as can heart conditions.

Latest posts

Back