Murderous Doe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whaleyk98

Reaction score
This doe has it in for me I swear. She is VERY cage territorial butI cant even reach in to feed her without her coming after me. And shes a BIG rabbit. Im not used to such behavior as all my other ELs are such sweethearts. This doe was not bredby me and I have had her only for about a month. She is 1 yr old. I dont know what to do about her...any ideas?

we rescue bunnies, so they come to us with behavioral issues some times. I learned a long time ago about canine behavior and the same can be applied to bunnies. You have to treat a problem child just like an alpha rabbit would, and dominate them. Especially if you have one that's learned that biting (don't mean nipping) will get you to do what it wants. Once you have established dominance in the same fashion another rabbit would, your life with a problem child will be better. Time and familiarity also helps, but, not always.

Just going to have to be patient and work with her. I suggest letting her out of the cage when you have to change her food or water. Spaying her if she's not been spayed already may also help with this. I rescued a rabbit that was abused and had the sameeee problem. I just had to work with her a little everyday until she got used to be enough that I could pick her up. It took a good 7-8 months before that happened.

Latest posts

Back