Multiple Personalities

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovetegocalderon

Reaction score
Does anyone else notice that their bun has multiple personalities? Ever since I got Rice and Beans I've been trying to figure them out and understand them. Rice is pretty consistent and predictable but Beans on the other hand is just the opposite. Sometimes when I open the door and walk into her bedroom she will run from whatever spot she is at and dive into her cage and hide and wont come out and other times when i open the door she will run straight over to me andfollow me around the room. sometimes she even bites at my feet for me to pet her and hops all over me demanding attention. and when i try to leave her room she will bite onto my sock and try and keep me there so i cant shut the door. Why does she display such extremes?

At times a rabbit may be frightened of you, especially if the light is behind you & he can't make you out, or you are wearing dark clothing. Beyond this, most or all buns have varying moods to one degree or another, just like people.

I've found that their moods can change a lot. Take Sprite, for example. Sometimes she loves me. She binkies and dances around my feet if I leave her alone and then come back. She jumps in my lap to see what I'm reading, and tugs on my pants leg like a puppy. But she gets temporarily grumpy if I try to touch her. How dare I!

But then sometimes she gets moody and sullen. If I'm in the room while she's playing, she goes back to her cage or sits in a corner and pouts. She sometimes will swipe at me or try to bite if I pick her up.

I don't let her mood swings bother me. That's just the way she is. When she wants me around, I'm there for her. When she doesn't, I go do something else while she plays. Spaying can help, and it has seemed to improve Sprite's mood a little.

Both my rabbits are spayed. i noticed that too naturstee. whenever im not paying attention to her, she starts the jumping all over me and all up into whatever im doing. but if i take the initiative, she doesnt want attention.....strange. :ponder:

Yep. If I walk right up to JJ, he'll binkie away. However, if I act like I'm going to walk pass him and pretend to ignore him, he'll put his head down for petting.

My bunnies are incredibly moody. When I come to them, they want nothing to do with me, but if I ignore them they act all indignant. Like, "Play with me fool!"

Last night, Pepper was on the bed looking at my husband, as soon as he started trying to pet him, he acted like 'oh, i was just exploring...' and started running around the bed again.

I just realized, Pepper could've just been after the magazine he was reading, it is his favorite mag to eat... Pepper loves the 4x4s, lol.

Does do tend to be moodier than bucks! :)Is your other a male or female? There are always exceptions, as I had a uniformly sweet and gentle doe and a moody buck!

Rose

Both of mine are spayed does. Rice is so easy going and always friendly and curious whereas Beans can be a little devil in disguise. If i dont pet her though or make an attempt to, she will nip at my hands and demand it but if i make the initial attempt she will run away! :disgust: lol

Yes. That's a great site. You know, you are definitly right about Beans being dominant - its shows in how she acts with Rice. And usually when i let her out in the living room she runs around and binkies and ignores me til she wants to be petted....and i won't dare try to pet her unless she asks!! but the other day i brought her to the downstairs apartment to show my girlfriend, her husband and their kids. And when i put heron the floorthe usually brave and fearless Beans who roams around carefree stayed right inbetween my legs wherever i walked and when i sat down she jumped up on my lap and stayed cuddled up next to me the whole time and buried her face in my stomach. i was so touched! i thought to myself "awww, you really do love me and know i'm your mommy!" it felt good knowing she felt safe with me. i didnt keep her down their long though cuz i didnt want her to get too stressed. but it really touched me to see her act like that, i never would have known!

Back