Multiple medications

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdailey

Reaction score
Willow who continues to struggle has been prescribed multiple medications and now that she is feeling a little better is fighting me when it comes to med time. I can administer them successfully when I pick her up but that throws her balance off so I only pick her up when I have to. She is taking Panacur & an antibiotic along with the anti vert and I have spreading them out of concern but that mean picking her up a lot. Can I give her the Septra and Panacur at the same time? We seem to have mastered hiding the anti vert in a small slice of banana - but the others are a battle.

I haven't heard of needing to give those meds separately. The only one I've given at a separate time is probiotics. Usually if a med needs to be given separate from another med, the vet will give instructions to do so. You could always phone up your vet to be sure.

Have you tried kneeling with her between your legs, to give meds(don't know if this was suggested already)? Then she wouldn't need to be picked up.

Last edited:
Yea, check with the vet before combining them. I also agree that putting her between your legs or kneeling with her between your knees works. You can just slide the syringe in the side of her mouth, between the front and back teeth....easy and quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Latest posts

Back