Mucus poo!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pie

Reaction score
Hubert the partially paralyzed bunny has been ill. Stopped eating and pooping yesterday, so I bought some baby food last night and gave that as well as ground up pellets made into a paste (which he loves). He looked brighter this morning, has been eating his paste and leafy greens and was quite active when he had his wheelchair time. So I wasn't too worried. But he's started pooing again, and it has a lot of mucus in it. Should I be worried by the mucus in the poo? As far as food goes, I'm going to continue giving him a paste of oxbow pellets daily, and reduce his fruit intake (he loves apples, and I figured at least he was eating -_-).

Apple contains pectin [which is used to set jelly], so it's possible that's what's causing the mucus.

So I hope that's what caused it & he'll be ok.

Hi there - From my experience mucous in the poop occurs after a recovery from GI stasis usually after that they are on the mend. After they have had an upset tummy and haven`t pooped for awhile and then when they start pooping again they have mucous in their poop and then they start to poop normal again and then they are fine - for me it is a sign that something was wrong with the tummy and now are on the road to recovery. How is little Hubert doing now? Poor sweet little guy. I wish you guys all the best - God bless you.

He made it through the night and has more of an appetite. Thanks for the replies guys. ^^ I really should have taken him to the vet yesterday even if I wasn't sure if it was GI status. I'm going to buy some scales with my next pay so I can monitor his weight, and a larger syringe so I can keep him eating his pellet mush.

Latest posts

Back