Mucous in fecals (again)...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tonyshuman wrote:
Yes, it's Timothy, and my bf's picky nethies like it better than Sweet Meadow Farms' first cut Timothy! Little stinkers. My two(who love any hay, as long as it's fresh) also loved it.

A while back, my vet mentioned the idea of me trying Zoe on a hay containing dried herbs. I put the idea on the back burner because I was satisfied with Zoe's fecal output from 1st-cut timothy and orchard grass. (Sweet meadow hay seems to give both her and our Cali boy gas; so that's not an option.)

Currently, Zoe's fecals have an odd smell to them. I will continue her probiotic treatment and leave her diet alone (for the time being). But if her fecals don't shake this odor, I suppose she'll require (yet another) culture. :(

tonyshuman wrote:
Yes, it's Timothy, and my bf's picky nethies like it better than Sweet Meadow Farms' first cut Timothy! Little stinkers. My two(who love any hay, as long as it's fresh) also loved it.

A while back, my vet mentioned the idea of me trying Zoe on a hay containing dried herbs. I put the idea on the back burner because I was satisfied with Zoe's fecal output from 1st-cut timothy and orchard grass. (Sweet meadow hay seems to give both her and our Cali boy gas; so that's not an option.)

Currently, Zoe's fecals have an odd smell to them. I will continue her probiotic treatment and leave her diet alone (for the time being). But if her fecals don't shake this odor, I suppose she'll require (yet another) culture. :(

I have read somewhere that coccidia make fecals have a strange odor--although I know your guys have been tested and/or treated for that probably not long ago, right?

tonyshuman wrote:
I have read somewhere that coccidia make fecals have a strange odor--although I know your guys have been tested and/or treated for that probably not long ago, right?

I can't recall when she was last tested for Coccidia, but it has been several times since she was first diagnosed with it; all other tests came back negative.

:?

The smell could also be caused by a gut flora imbalance, I'd think. Oh, who knows anymore? The only things I do know is that her gut issues have me always on edge, and they've cost us thousands of dollars (that could've/should've gone into our savings). :(

Latest posts

Back