MUCH Grunting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicole_Lucky

Reaction score
Hello all!:)

I just joined the forum so i thought I would start off with a bit of an introduction of myself.

My name is Nicole, and i have a 1 and half year old english buck namedLucky. I have had him for quite some time now, however, i have recentlyseen a few small changes with him. My main concern at this point isthat when I hold him or scratch him behind his ears, he grunts/mutterscontinuously. I was told that this meant that he is content, but heused to just grunt once or twice. Now, he grunts continuously. From themoment I pick him up, to the moment I leave him, he continues to grunt.Am i just overly-concerned, or could this be more serious than itseems? (He's in pain, etc..) ?

Please reply soon!:)

Cheers!:bunnydance:

Welcome to the forum!

I'd watch his body language. If he's comfortable and relaxed,it's happy grumbling. As silly as that sounds! Ihave noticed that my boy Loki has become increasingly vocal over thelast year too. He has happy oinks, seemingly random grunts,and a very unhappy grunt that he only uses when I'm shooing him out ofthe hay closet.

P.S. Have you seen this site?
http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html

My Wildfire is a talker. She makes allsorts of noises, and she only seems to get noisier with time!Sometimes she will grunt/honk/squeek continuously whilebeing petted.

Like Naturstee said above, as long as his body language is not indicating pain, I would just say he's finding his voice!

--Dawn

If he's not neutered, it could be a "mating call". Both of my buns did this when they errr...reached maturity. :)

It seemed to stop after Sunny's spay.

Loki's neutered. Along with oinkingwhen he's happy, he oinks when he does his "love dance" aroundMocha. He'd be a very randy little boy if only he couldremember what comes after the dance! He gets a confused lookon his face and then just snuggles instead.:D

Nibbles, my spayed Dutch girl, is very vocal -she grunts, grr-honks, oinks, whimpers and makes little whiffly noises,too. Almost all of these are happy sounds - check this page for arecording of some other vocalizations:

http://members.aol.com/bunster2/carla.htm

naturestee, love the story. Poor boy! ;)

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

My Flower is a bit vocal, but has only really vocalized when she's nothappy. She grinds her teeth when I pet her (tooth purring,it's called, I believe), but otherwise, she's still learning what shecan do with her voice. :)

All rabbits are different, though...:)

Latest posts

Back