Mr. Lola

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tisha

Reaction score
Hello All! I've been lurking for a while - but lurking isn't fun when you want to show off your bun!

This is Mr. Lola. When my 6 year old called me from hisgreat-grandparent's house to tell me that he got a bunny...I was kindamad. We live in an apartment and where were we going to keepit? But when I went to pick my son up, and I saw thebun...well, it was love at first sight!

We thought Mr. Lola was MRS. Lola at first...well, until the you know what's decided to come down. Now, he's Mr. Lola!

Here is my son, Daemon, proudly displaying his new bunny:
Daemon_030505.jpg

Here is Mr. Lola a week or so later with my neice, Theresa:
lola_031505.jpg

And here is Mr. Lola hanging out by the door where it's warm:
lola_033005.jpg

This is now...

Mr. Lola chillin' on the couch:
Large Pic:http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/joesedge/Bunny/000_0083.jpg

I'm a Giant Bunny!:
Large Pic:http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/joesedge/Bunny/000_0089.jpg
000_0089_small.jpg

Am I not supposed to be up here?:
Large Pic:http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/joesedge/Bunny/000_0128.jpg

Recharging My Batteries:

And here's a silly little vid of my bun:
http://media.putfile.com/Mr-Lola

Mr Lola sure is a big bunny!. NIce pictures and I really love the one of your son with his big smile at getting Mr Lola.

Nice to hear from you, glad you like it here, and welcome.:wave::eek:rangepansy:

:wave:hello Tisha

im a giant bunny.......i love that pic of him,just look how tall his ears are.

such a sweet bunny:)

I'm not sure what he is...to behonest. I've tried researching on the internet but I can'texactly find a match for big ears and sweetest as sweet can be!

He has an appointment next month to get fixed. Only on of his"boys" has dropped and the other is still up. The doctortried to manipulate it so that he can help it drop but he didn't wantto hurt him.

SweetPeasMommie wrote:
Oh my he was sotiny for a flemish. Is that what he is. Too cute and handsom.

Shuu wrote:
Very adorable! How old is Mr. Lola?
I'm not exactly sure?

We've had him since March of this year but I'm not exactly sure how oldhe was when we first got him. He was such a littlething! A little less than year I would assume?

~Tisha

Do you think maybe he is a New Zealand WhiteRabbit? Because in looking at the pics of the Flemish andthen comparing to the New Zealand...it seems as though my bunny may bea New Zealand?

I can't recall how much he weighed at his last appointment, but he hasanother next month. Maybe they will help me to measure him,too.

I need to trim his nails because I'm getting horrible scars on my armsfrom him - but I haven't quite figured out how to trance him yet.

I did read about a "bunny burrito" which may help. I'll haveto try that with my husband. We just trimmed the Iguana'snails for the first time yesterday, he was very still for that.

He looks like a New Zealand to me, but I'm nopro. They weigh less than Flemish, but are stilllarge. Napoleon was about 12 pounds. Here's his pic:

Napoleon3.jpg

You can see the similar body-type here:

KissyFace.jpg

I think they call it the "mandolin-shaped" body type.

Laura

HI Tisha ! Welcome tothe Forum , and so gladyou came out of Stealth mode ,

What handsome boys you have ,onfirst looking at Mr Lola( I love that gender fairey:X my first thoughtwas flemish he has the applecheeks and massive head , butthen again looking at him I amnot sure lol , he kinda looks like a New Zeland. Orhe could well be a Flemish NewZeland cross , Weight willdecidewhich he is actually ashe gets to be a year old . If youcan possibly get a weight and ear lengthwe can better decide which he is. But no matter he is stunning to saythe very least .

One thing He had tobe very very young when you gothim , by that I mean 5 weeks or under .he was very tiny and still had extremebaby fur , the spikey all over cantdecide if its going to be long or short , By 6 to8 weeks they lose the baby fuzzy, Myguess is Mr Lola is right around 8 monthsold going on the guess he was 4 weks oldwhen you got him .( which is what it looks to be ). Did GrandMom say where she bought him , petstore or breeder ? , reputable breederswill not allow any rabbit under 8 weeksto leave the Nursery , Petstores on hte other hand dont really give ahoot about age, their only init for the money . and aslo donot care if babies survive ornot , some even bank onthem not surviving so One wwillcome back for a second rabbit.

Welcome again and we look forward toseeing more pictures of your Darling Boys.

aww. They do look alike. Ifeel like I want to go weigh him now, but he probably won't stand stilllong enough for me to hold him on the scale. Then again, Idon't think even I want to stand on the scale, either. lol!

I believe great-granny got him from the petshop. My husbanddoesn't like that petshop so maybe he was too young to gohome. I'm glad we took care of him well enough to be such ahoot!

I just measured his ears and they are 5" long. I want to saythat when we took him to the vet a couple of months back he was 6.5pounds, but I would have to ask my husband for sure.

Here he is holding my arm hostage...this way you can get an idea of hissize, I guess. btw, this is his favorite position. It'suncomfortable for me at times, but he loves to rest his head on my armwhile I'm watching tv. Every so often I get honored with alittle bunny lick on my arm!

000_0082_cropped.jpg

Have you seen his video? http://media.putfile.com/Mr-Lola

I'm so happy we have him. We also have an Iguana namedBuddy. Yet another pet that my son conned hisgreat-grandparents into buying which has turned into my husband's pet.lol It's funny because these are pets we never would'vethough that we would buy, especially since we live in anapartment. But it's turned out quite nice havingthem. Hubby and I have researched the heck out of theinternet, books, vet, etc to make sure we are doing everything as rightas can be for these animals.

The manager knows about the IG, but he doesn't know about thebun. We are doing our best to keep Mr. Lola from chewing thecarpet up by giving him other things to entertain himself.There's this ONE spot behind the recliner that he loves to hang out andchew. The work around was to lay cardboard and magazinesdown. That seems to help satisfy him.

You can see his pics here:
http://photobucket.com/albums/y161/joesedge/Iguana/
100_0005.jpg

4 generations of my husband's family (grandfather, father, hubby and myson) all pitched in and built a beautiful cage for theiguana. When hubby asked me if I wanted him to build a cagefor the bunny, I told him no because it took them 2 months to build thecage for the ig. Now, though, I'm looking at the IG cage andthinking that I would love for the bun to have a nice big cage, too.

So, the plans are being made to make a custom cage for my bun. I think it will be exciting!
~Tisha

Mr. Lola's ears look a bit longer than a typicalNew Zealand's, but the body type is the same. I postedanother pic above. I don't believe the Flemish have that"mandolin" shape.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Laura

Hold Mr. Lola in your arms and weigh.Then put him down, weigh yourself and subtract. It may not beexact, but it will be pretty close.

Laura

Flemish, epsecially white, would be much heavier than that by now. I'm going to assume Lola's a New Zealand.

I absolutely love iguanas. Buddy is a beauty!

Laura wrote:
Mr.Lola's ears look a bit longer than a typical New Zealand's, but thebody type is the same. I posted another pic above.I don't believe the Flemish have that "mandolin" shape.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Laura
Hi Tish and Laura ,Yes Flemish have the mandolyn bodystyle ,thats what isthrowing me so hard , lol they look sosimilar when young its hard totell the difference . I amleaning heavily toward a Very well cared for NewZeland , 5 inch ears are not uncommon .

Congradulations on such a Healthy Iguana! I did Iguana rescue for a long time, He is one of the nicestlooking Pets I have seen in avery long time , ( i take it he is spoiled rotten?) I love those Vibrant colors ,and trust me when I say Colorslike that are rarely seen with Iguanas ,only the most healthy showofftheir true colors , Good onyou for a most excellent job!.

I'm glad to hear that his ears may be somewhatnormal! He loves having his ears gently massaged...he getssoo relaxed when we do!

Yes, Buddy the Iguana is spoiled rotten. My husband has beenworking on helping him with hydrating because we were told that thelittle fold on his side is from being slightly dehydrated?It's gotten much better since that pic was taken.

I love his colors. He's beautiful! I say"he" only because we don't know for sure yet if it's a "he" or a"she"...hubby thinks maybe it's a she...I figure we'll know more astime goes on.

~Tisha

Latest posts

Back