MR arthrogram results tomorrow

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeniseJP

Reaction score
I see the surgeon's PA tomorrow for the results of my MR arthrogram... and to see what exactly she'd like to do to my wrist to fix it since it is the right one and I am right handed...

One of these days I am going to be bionic like the Six Million Dollar Man or the Bionic Woman... they were TV shows back when I was a young teenager... LOL!

Denise

Best of luck Denise. BTW....I loved both of those shows!

:)also loved those shows!

good luck with the results - at least it doesnt involve undressing.....or am i going to the wrong sort of doctor:biggrin2:

I have a pair of "surgery underwear" I made that say "Leave The Panties On!" but won't need those, at least for now...the nurses who took care of me when I had my elbows fixed last year thought they were a hoot!

Good and bad news - the good news is that my ACL is intact but thin. The bad news - the anterior meniscus is "shredded" and there is a small meniscal cyst. The medial one was where my original repairs were and they are holding.

Options are cortisone shots (they haven't worked yet on my knee or elbows, hence the elbow surgery), another injection to cushion the joint (still pondering that one) or rescoping the knee and cutting the bad parts and the cyst out...I am leaning towards that as it has been the only thing that worked.

And the wrist... well, she did not like the fact that she felt it, I bent it and there was all sorts of snapping and popping... swelling, torn ligaments and possible occiptal fracture the X-ray did not see so MRI (no contrast!) will be scheduled.

So, surgery is on the horizon again...it stinks getting old!

Denise

Trying to... reluctantly did not race this weekend...the knee pain I can work with but the wrist is not as good...

MRI scheduled for the wrist on Thursday AM...

Denise

MRI in an hour...

Denise

hartleybun wrote:
how did it go:pray:

Won't have the results for 2-3 business days but it was fine - got threaded into the MRI machine in a Superman pose wearing those "sexy" hospital gowns - one covering the front and one covering my backside and got to keep my underwear! :yahoo: I hate being "em-bare-assed"...:biggrin:... and some gear that looked like a hamburger press with the middle missing and a wire attached - all held together with masking tape and foam pads... got a set of earplugs and felt like I was on some carnival ride with all the beeping, buzzing and clanking but I took a few catnaps as some of the scans were 2-3 minutes long... the tech would wake me up through the speakers and he said I was doing well - he makes a grid on whatever he is scanning to make sure it is accurate.

I can bend the wrist with lots of popping and cracking...but I am moving it a bit slower than normal. Still have to get the thyroid blood work done (overactive which explains my lack of sleep, inability to sit still, hand tremors, superfast reflexes and intolerance to heat among other symptoms) but I am still alive and kicking hard. A nurse friend of mine said I obviously have a high pain tolerance, which I guess is a good thing.

Can't wait to see what they find this go-around- for the description of my knee arthrogram a friend said I move OK but I know I wouldn't pass a soundness check in a show ring. Too bad the surgeries aren't buy one, get one free...:biggrin:

Denise

:D wheni had my mri last month i got to wear gown and dressing gown - to call it a bath robe would be cruel to all those fine bath robes out there:wink to be on the safe side i kept my boots on. think granny clampitt and you get the picture:)

i think women naturally have a high pain tolerance! know what you mean about popping and cracking - my shoulder does this and i find it quite unnerving:expressionless

Donna - I sent you a PM....

Thanks,

Denise

hartleybun wrote:
:D wheni had my mri last month i got to wear gown and dressing gown - to call it a bath robe would be cruel to all those fine bath robes out there:wink to be on the safe side i kept my boots on. think granny clampitt and you get the picture:)

i think women naturally have a high pain tolerance! know what you mean about popping and cracking - my shoulder does this and i find it quite unnerving:expressionless

I love the granny clampitt reference... I can appreciate that.

I told the tech, "Come on, let's go take some pictures." He said, just get on the table like Superman and I will tape you down." Nice!

Denise

Latest posts

Back