Moving, stressed about where to put the bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luluznewz

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm in the process of moving, and the whole thing is starting to really freak me out. I got my rabbits in college, and I love them. It was just me and them in my really large room, and it was great. I didnt have other people or other pets to worry about.

Then I graduated, grew up a bit and moved in with my boyfriend who has a dog. That's been fine too, because his work gave us a huge free two bedroom apartment. I put the bunnies in my office, and we still hang out there together all the time.

However, he got promoted and we have to move. The place we are moving to is very...very expensive. So basically I more or less got talked into living with my sister, her boyfriend, and the two of us. Plus all the pets. AHHHHH.

The bunnies have to go in our small bedroom, and I'm not sure how its going to work. I mean, they will physically fit probably, but I'm not used to having their hay and litterbox right next to my bed. Don't get me wrong, I think i'll love them more if they didn't have to be crammed into my bedroom.

I don't have a question, exactly. I'm hoping someone can talk to me about rabbits in small quarters and how they make it work.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying I'll ever re-home them. I'm just stressed about how we are going to make it work.These little guys have been through a lot of stages in my life, but this one is kinda tough.

this is just my opinion. first of all, relax =)

next how many little one(s) are WE talking about ( as in everyone has in total ) ....??? 5, 10, 15, etc ....???

I have two who are bonded. Right now they are in a "bunny abode condo", so the cage is 48 inches by 24. It has two floors the same size. I don't really want to downsize them but I guess it might have to happen.

Many people sleep with their buns in their rooms. The biggest problem you might encounter is if either of you are light sleepers. Some rabbits can be a bit noisy at night. Also if you let them free range, at night you will need to be cautious that they don't accidentally get stepped on, which could cause serious injuries.

My bun has been sleeping in the same room with me since I got him. Don't worry about it! Seriously I agree that unless you re a light sleeper, your probably won't notice your buns much. They may be happier sleeping close to you anyway. Just go with it! :)

If the cage doesn't fit, you can always use a baby gate or an X pen to give them a large and customizable amount of space

Latest posts

Back