Moving strange

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krickette

Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOGhD5Rzr0[/ame]

whats causing this? He was just about done moving like this when I got out the camera, then he went back to nrmal. This is how he moved the first day we had him, actually.
is this normal for a baby or should i be worried?

This is not normal
Possibly spinal injury, something congenital or something neurological???

Please take your bunny to a rabbit knowledgeable vet ASAP.
How old is he and where did you get him?

It just appears to be a normal cautious "creep". We often see junior Tans do it on the show table at their first shows because they are nervous and don't want to hop normally on the table.

I've also seen many of mybaby rabbits do it.

There are some illnesses/parasites/injuries that can cause weakness in the hindquarters, but I don't think this is the case.

Pam

That's the baby creep.. Baby cali's do it rather than hop sometimes..they're just being tenative.

I just sent it to my 15 year old at a friends house and his exact quote was..."uhz thats that baby walk they do"

Z

sorry about that :(

I've been around mostly adults and lost an older one to partial parlysis

Thank you Pam and kali :D

Glad the little bun is most likely OK

You need to send Bumper to meeee! He is so sweet and adorable and tiny and perfect... Oh and I still think Bumper is a girl, we shall see in a few months who is right :biggrin2: My Cinnabun walked like that for the first couple weeks we had him, my mom thought maybe he didn't know how to hop! He would also walk like that when he was in a new place for the first time, even when he was an adult. I'm glad that nothing is wrong with the little dude/dudette!

Latest posts

Back