moving soon...behavior changes?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiah

Reaction score
my boyfriend and i will be moving in approx. 1 month to a new apartment complex. our buns just started living together recently (3-4-ish weeks ago) and we're wondering if there will be territorial, dominance or other issues we should keep in mind when moving our buns to the new place.

basically, what should we expect from them?

right now, they both live together and get playtime together in our spare bedroom once or twice a day (depending on the day and what's going on)...should we give them the same privileges in the new apartment? or do we need to start over from scratch once we move in?

both our buns have been spayed/neutered, but should we worry about urine marking or anything like that?

ok, that's a lot of questions about the same topic, hehe. any help would be appreciated!

thanks!

Kaiah:biggrin2:

I didn't have any problems over territory with my bunnies when we moved here last summer, it was good because since both moved in at the same time, there was no issue of "who's house it was.:) Might be different for different bunnies, but I think moving here, all the neutral territory was good for my buns' relationship.

Just give them as much freedom as they can handle, and not feel like they have to mark everything. Go at their pace and you shouldn't have problems.:) Good Luck with the move!

I would think that it will increase their bond because it will be stressful and they will also be going into totally neutral territory.

I don't have anything else to add than what kellyjade said though.

when i move places, i try to restict the buns' run area initially and gradually increase it. that way they don't get lost (and forget where the box is) or get upset about what territory is whose. i keep them in a small room at first (partly to calm them down from the trip too) and then gradually let them run over the whole area.

Latest posts

Back