Moving rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rclark195

Reaction score
I need to move my rabbits outside for a couple of hours why I put a new shed up for the rabbits, they will still stay in there own cages that they have, we will bring there own cages outside, any tips on stress free, I will be staying with them the whole time

Some treats after moving them might help convince them nothing bad is happening. Other than that, staying calm yourself, avoid hectic, really might help, they tend to pick up the mood of the creatures around them.

Treats or any veggies or foods they really love, or any food really is a great way to distract a rabbit or calm them down after a moving of cages or if they are grumpy at you or something else. Just giving them something else to do especially eating helps them calm down

If possible, setting the cages next to their usual rabbit neighbor from your previous set up, will help too (if this is how they were set up before and aren't bonded pet rabbits). Provided they actually liked who they were next to before.

If they're bonded pet rabbits, just keeping them together, and maybe giving them a box to hide in if they don't feel safe, or partially covering the cage with a towel or blanket, but leaving enough uncovered for airflow. Also make sure they aren't sitting out in direct sun, especially if the temperature is warm at all outside. And frequently check on them, especially if it is warm, and make sure they aren't getting too hot or too stressed.

Last edited:
Back