Moving my bunny around

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizmo14

Reaction score
I just got a bunny and I have divorced parents. This weekend I am spending time with the parent where the bunny doesn't live. Would it be bad to move him to their house for the weekend. I'm worried he will get too lonely at my moms and I want him to get used to me

That would depend on the bun. Some buns are very skittish and would get very stressed in that situation. Other buns are very laid back and adjust well to almost any situation.

It might depend on the age as well. Many people show rabbits and the buns deal with being packed up, travelling, the show itself and all. I would think if it's a young bun it would get used to it and be fine. An older, very skittish bun might be a different story.

I just got a bunny and I have divorced parents. This weekend I am spending time with the parent where the bunny doesn't live. Would it be bad to move him to their house for the weekend. I'm worried he will get too lonely at my moms and I want him to get used to me

I have this same situation that I posted about in a thread not long ago. I decided to bring my bun to my dads just for the weekend to see if things worked out. He ended up doing very well. I would say that if you feel like your bun does not get easily stressed, you could try bringing him over just for one weekend. But you should be prepared to possibly have to bring him back home if he is stressed. I set him up free range in my room and blocked off the bed with NIC grids at night. Also you may want to make sure that you will be at the house most of the time so that your bun is not sitting alone in a new and possibly stressful environment the whole time. Wishing you the best of luck! 😊

Make him a safe place to hide- like a box with an entrance and exit at both ends and hay inside- get him used to playing in it at the parent's house where he lives, then take it with you when you go to the other house- so if he's scared he can hide in it and feel secure. I think he'll adjust just fine.

I moved my boy Felix to a friend's house one night, since we hadn't revealed his presence to our real estate company and we're renting. ;)

He did amazingly well! My friend sent me a picture of him sitting calmly with her while she watched TV, and apparently he had a great time. I moved his entire hutch, so he still had the familiar smells of home.

Some do better than others. Nancy used to take them to her classroom and they all did well. Ours are all rescues and generally older, but, we did have to work at socialization and some we couldn't have around anyone other than us. It's basically one of those "try it and see how it works".

Latest posts

Back