Moving Indoors

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ender

Reaction score
First off, hello everyone!
I'm new here.
I have a three year old (almost four) rabbit, Ronin.

IMG_2005.jpg
IMG_2018.jpg

He has always lived on our screened in porch in a hutch. Recently, I have decided to move him into my room so he gets more attention. He has always used his litter box well, and I am hoping that his behavior will not change when his room does. I ordered an xpen, it should be coming on Wednesday.
Anyway, what ideas do you have to make the transition as smooth as possible for the bunny? Any advice would be great!!
Also, I have never really found out what breed he is. Does anyone have an idea?

when moving your bunny inside let him have a little time in your room running around with let him see how it feels and do that a little bit each day before you move him officially in side

good luck:biggrin:

Welcome to RO!

What a handsome guy Ronan is. And thrilled to hear you are bringing him inside!

Haley gave some great advise. A slow transition starting now will help him greatly. Once you move him in for good, he'll have a greater understanding and that really helps a bunny out.

Regarding the litter box, just watch him. Going from one way of living to another takes an adjustment for a bunny. I had all my bunnies adjust to litter boxes. Ronan will get the hang of it.

Regarding breed, he looks mixed to me, but I love the uniqueness of him.

K:)

Thank you both! I have started to set up his area in my room. I bring him in my room sometimes for a bit of exercise while I do my homework. He is used to it in that sense. The only thing I worry about is him using the little box inside. He uses it in his cage religiously. He isn't fixed, either.
This forum is wonderful! I am learning loads of new things by just scanning the boards. Thanks again!

Glad we could help!:biggrin: as far as the litter box make sure he knows were it is and if he doesnt go in it put his "stuff" in it to show him were it should be and he'll probably get the message

1234bunnies777 wrote:
Glad we could help!:biggrin: as far as the litter box make sure he knows were it is and if he doesnt go in it put his "stuff" in it to show him were it should be and he'll probably get the message
Agree with Haley. Just keep putting his "stuff" in the litter box. Also if he should have accidents, check to see if it's in a certain area. Bunnies like to pick their spot.

Both of you will do just fine with the move.

K:)

Latest posts

Back