Moving House with Peter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynne_Bunny

Reaction score
Hello!

I have recently been accepted to study at Drama School in London. YAY!
I move in the next two weeks, and of course Peter is coming too!
It's a bit of a trip from Edinburgh, I'm going by train and I have checked, Peter is cool to come in his carry case. I've even bumped us up to first class so it will be quieter and we will have our own table.
Peter travels really well, he gets a little stressed but soon flops down and waits to get out. Once out he immediately wants to explore and eat!

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips to moving bunnies happily?

His carry case is small enough to keep him feeling safe but big enough for him to lie down.
I have treats to keep him happy, and a cover to pop over the cage to make it dark in case he gets freaked out.
I also have puppy training pads to pop in with him in case he needs to go, I've been getting him use to them too.

I will also have a cage there for him when we arrive... and a nice big garden!

Thanks!

Lynne and Peter
:dutch xxx

I'm sure you've thought of this but make sure you've got a water bottle attached to his cage so he can drink, rabbit's shouldn't be without water. How long is the train ride? Might be worth giving him a small amount of hay, if anything it will at least keep him distracted.

he most likely won't eat or drink while in transport. Goes against a prey animal method of thinking. He'll most likely just totally chill. If away overnight ensure he has water and food when you are stopped.

otherwise, just pack him up, and go. when you get home, put him in his own area with food and water and let him chill.

I think one of the most important and often overlooked things when moving animals is their person's frame of mind. If you are feeling nervous and anxious about the move, they will too. If you are calm and cool that will certainly help them feel that way too:)

Latest posts

Back