Moving his litterbox

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hkok

Reaction score
This is not a problem more a thing that makes us wonder why.

The last mounth Erslev have begun to move his litter box out of the cornor it have been in for te last 3 years, he moves it out so it stand in a 45 degree angel. When he have moved it he jump up and use itas always have.

Since he still use the litterbox as always,we have kind of outrule that it' the box that are the problem.

The box is placed in a cornor were he can see 6 meters to both sides.

So ourtheory is itthat it'shisinstinct asa prey animal,that make immove it so he gets a better view to the sides (thinking of his eye position).

Is this plausibleor do ourhesimply just have a sense of humor.

I think buns are very specific about there likes and dislikes. At the shelter I work with all the buns have little notes on there cages about how they like things to be arranged. Example: We have a pair of bonded does. On there cage is a sign saying "We like our litterbox in the right corner and our carpet in the left corner,no hay in the hayrack. Please keep it that way!" Buns are fussy. Fraggles likes her bed laid out on the hardwood but never on the carpet. Basically I think your bunny is just moving his box to were he likes it to correct your mistake :)

Some of ours get upset when we move their furniture and other move it around constantly. Peter moved his box to the front right, while all our other bunnies keep theirs to the left rear of their hutch. Mostly, I think they love having a view of the entire bunny room.

Thumper used to get peeved with me if I moved any of his toys or poops. He just likes things messy (well to me it seems messy, lol)

Latest posts

Back