Moving bun around

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NekoOtome

Reaction score
So I have an internship in a town 40 minutes south of where I live for a few months. Out of necessity I need to take Benny to live with me since I'm the one that can properly take care of him. The drive is not too bad and I'll be dragging along his cage to keep some air of familiarity but is there anything else I can do to make it easier for him when we move?

There will also be a cat at the house. She's a sweet girl around people but I'm worried about letting her into the room he'll be in even when he's in his cage. Is there a way to trust her or should I just avoid it altogether?

Keeping his setup as much the same as usual can help. Also if he is comfortable with you, then spending some one on one time with him once in the new place, can help add some security and help him feel safer in his new environment.

If he isn't used to cats, I wouldn't even let the cat in the room initially, as he should have some time to settle in and feel safe in his new home. If at a later time you want to let them meet through cage bars, then it may be ok to try, but I would be very cautious as some rabbits panic around predators and he could injure himself if he does. If you do attempt an introduction, they should always be supervised. Also keep in mind that cats can carry deadly bacteria in their claws and teeth, and a bite or scratch has been known to cause a fatal infection in some instances.

Alright, I'll do the best I can to keep him in a somewhat familiar place. He's visited the house before but it has never been for this long so I was worried he'd get homesick. Likewise he has also met the cat, and he's fine with her though she was pretty grumpy so I'll be sure to keep a very close eye on the two.

Latest posts

Back