Moving Abroad: vet care, prep for flight, etc

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nela

Reaction score
Would anyone happen to know where I can find information on rabbits in the Netherlands? I have tried to Google but I haven't been finding what I need. I am planning to move there and would like to take Braelynn. I know that they have rabbit-savvy vets there and they get shots for myxi there... I don't know if there is anything else they need a shot for in europe?

I don't think the shot is available here but I was thinking maybe I could save minor things til after we get there that way I can see how good the vet is before doing/requiring anything major...

Also... Braelynn is a really nervous bunny. Is there anything I should do to slowly prepare her for the flight? I'm scared to be unprepared and the flight be too rough on her.

Would anyone have any pertinent info or even a link to a good site?

Thankies

From the Royal Netherlands Embassy website

http://www.netherlands-embassy.org/article.asp?articleref=AR00001142EN

"4. Pets other than dogs, cats and ferrets

The European Commission is currently drafting a veterinary certificate for pets other than dogs, cats and ferrets. This document has not been finalized. Pets other than dogs, cats and ferrets can enter EU member countries under the current rules, which means that these pets, unless the species of subspecies is listed under the Convention on International Trade of Endangered Species (CITES) or the US Endangered Species Act, can enter the Netherlands with a health certificate issued by your local veterinarian. This health certificate can not be older then 10 days upon arrival in the Netherlands.

If your animal is listed under CITES or under the US Endangered Species Act special requirements apply. For more information on CITES see the CITES website of the US Fish and Wildlife Service: www.international.FWS.Gov"

Looks like all you need is a health certificate from your vet :) But I suggest finding a good vet and getting her vaccinated once you get there..

Maybe check the vet listings or some of the RO membersin the Netherlands and see if they can recommend a vet in the area you are moving to...contact the vet for suggestions on what they would suggest!

Danielle

Latest posts

Back