Move to full-time House Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p1rat3

Reaction score
I know that the Rabbit should have a quiet (dark?) place to call it's own, but do they have to have a cage or a hutch?

The reason I ask is Clover was just spayed and my Vet told me to keepher indoors for a few days. She has always spent a lot of time insideduring the day, but now might be my chance to slip this past Clare (mywife) and never put her back outside!

She has been really good the last few days and is using her boxes just fine.

Thoughts?

Hello,

I'd think that if she has a place to used the "little bunnies room" andget something to eat... she'd be ok. Most of them find their ownspecial areas to call their own and they enjoy spending their "lazyhours" there. Just so she has a place that she can hide-out on aregular basis.

Kat

I would suggest having a cage around,just incase you have to go somewhere someday and can’t leave her out. Imean she doesn’t have to live in the cage but you would have itavailable if necessary. Lots of people have "Rabbit Rooms" Where thatwhole room is the rabbit’s room. I would have a "Rabbit room" but ourhouse it too small for that ;)

Also does you wife not like the rabbit? Rabbits are usually very cleananimals, who use a litter box and are CONSTANTLY cleaning themselves :)Is that your bunny in your avatar? If so she is really cute! :)

~Amy

Thank you for your replies.

Yes, that is Clover in my Avatar. Thank you, but I don't think I willtell her you said that, too many people said it at the Vets and I amafraid her head is getting bigger! I will have to post a few picts inthe picture thread I think.

She uses her little bunnies room very well. Since she has been insideall of the time I lock her in my (bunny proofed) office at night and Ithink this is where I would lock her if we were to leave her at homefor more than a couple hours.

My wife does like the rabbits. I have been dropping hints like "Clover has her chance to proove her self now". he he.

Yes, we have a second rabbit. Cocoa. He is my 6 year old daughter's,Mikayla. He is three months old and would not be attempted full-timeinside until he is fixed. My wife does not know these plans...

I will have to get my daugther to post about her rabbit.

Jay

mine are 24/7 house rabbits :) they dohave a cage (well it'sa huge dog crate), and that's wherethey go for food and water, and there is a litter box in there.. theydont really usethe cage as their house, but it'sthere in case we ever need it :)

Any, 11 Rabbits! And I always laugh when Claremetions getting another. Well, the main reason I laugh is because Idon't think she would. but, then again this is the same lady who twomonths ago said 'no rabbits'. Then in March she said "lets get two butI get to choose one"!

I have been keeping the food and water in my office and she is eatingand drinking fine from there. And no major potty accidents yet!

11 house rabbits... Clare always says to me I amgoing to become 'the rabbit man' (like the 'cat lady'). But I think Iwill have to tell her about your clan. :)

I bet they are not 100 free roaming house rabbits though! or are they...

I imagine they are box trained, but can you imagine all of them in the house at once!

Clover is an absolute doll. Just look atthat face. I laughed so hard reading this thread. Your wife sounds justlike my husband. He is always saying no more, no more, in July I'mgetting four more lol.

You should starta new picture thread just for pictures of Clover and Cocoa.

I have one house boy at the moment. Apollo has a cage only for when I'm sleeping or not home.

Tina

Tina, I am glad that you thought the thread wasfunny. I was not trying to be serious with my comments. (I don't reallything Pam has 100 rabbits loose in her house!).

I might start a thread, but I might be really sad and start a Clover and Cocoa website... hmm.

Meanwhile I will sneak this one in here:
Clover-desk2.jpg

Jay

Clover is so cute laying there. Pebbles, my bunny would be too busy checking out the desk top.....lol.

My wife would never let me take Pebbles outside.....she's too worried if anything could happen.

Rainbows! :)

Jay, can I call you Jay? With adoll as adorable as Clover is. Please feel free to sneak her in ALOTMore. How cute is she, oh my she is a doll. Do me a favorplease feel free to post as many pics as you like.

Tina

Amy, I was serious in the first fewposts. Then when you started talking about 11 house rabbits,I got a little bit off track. I did reallyfind itamazing that you have 11 (soon 12 rabbits) though, as pets!

I also find it hard to read peoples emotions in e-mails orforums. It can get out of hand if someone is joking andsomeone else takes it too serious. You should try working inEngland (I am originally American). They are very dark withtheir humorand I read it wrong a few times and got in acouple of e-mail fights at work!!

Tina, I think I will do both. Create a website and post tothe forum with pictures. That gives me somewhere to post themfrom. Watch for the budding starlet's thread soon..;~)

Jay
(yes you can call me Jay :)

Clover is such a sweet bunny. She is just too cute. I can't believe she was just laying there on that desk.

I don't have Amy's 11 but I can top Tina's 1 house rabbit. Ihave 7, all in the house all the time. They have their ownroom, well they share with my ferrets, but they also all have cages.

Ok, I want to see Cocoa!! Where are those pictures??? LOL

Jen

Hi Jay,
i have an indoor bunny, she has a hutch that is about 1 1/2 metres longby 1/2 metre wide, she is happy inside and we let her hop, play andjump around every night for a few hours, she is in her hutch whilst weare at work, school and sleeping etc.

She seems rather happy inside, when we first got her home she was about7-8 weeks old and had been outside all the time, she has adjusted toindoor living quite well,

Good luck and I must say your bunny is absolutely beautiful :D:D:D

Latest posts

Back