Mouse in the house

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flirtycuddle

Reaction score
I just managed to see a mouse run under an end table in my house and in the time I walked away to get something to catch it, the lil thing moved and I can not find it. My rabbits cage is on the ground in the living room right next to where I saw this mouse and the rabbit started to freak out jumping all over his cage suddenly as the mouse ran under the table. I have the rabbit in his cage for now till I can catch the mouse but since the cage is on the floor do I need to move it to a table to keep the mouse from harming the rabbit. Meaning if the mouse gets in the cage is my rabbit at chance of disease. I searched the forums but really didn't find any answers.

Mice can often carry parasites and therefore be a vector for disease.

I would definately move your bun up to a table for a while, but chances are (if you have no food lying around etc.) the mouse might leave.

I would leave a few humane traps around in likely places (any places you find droppings or holes near the wall etc.).

We live opposite a farm so there's a few mice that venture in every now and then, but really not often. If I don't manage to catch a mouse when I see it, I get my cat to help(NOT letting her CATCH the mouse, but she finds where it is within minutes and sits there staring and staring, so I know exactly where the mouse it to trap it and get it).

Jen

I moved the bun to the table so that he isn't on the ground and placed humane traps around the house but have not caught anything, nor seen it since the first incident. We did find a hole in the basement that has gotten gradually bigger that we blocked off so hoping this is the last we see of the lil things. I have no issues with mice or rats since I used to have snakes and even pet rats. I just don't want the rabbit catching some odd thing due to the mouse.

That's good- well done. It is possible that the mouse has moved on to another place that has a source of food etc.

I'd probably give it a few weeks and if you still haven't seen the mouse again I would think it would be fine to move ur bun back to the floor.

If it's only one mouse then you should probably be okay. It's when you have more than one that you have a problem.

Jen

Latest posts

Back