Mounting?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheridan

Reaction score
Furby and Ellie were spayed mid July and they have been fine since. The only problem is recently Furby has started to Hump Ellie again. I know they do mount to show dominance but humping?

Is this normal?:bunnydance:

I haven't noticed this behavior recently, but Devon and Amber would do that even months after their spay and neuter.

They may just still be deciding who is the 'head bun'. As long as they don't fight I'd leave them, after they decidewho is the dominant rabbit they shouldcalm down and get on well. My rabbits usually get on well but if Millie does anything that annoys Ruby (who's the head bun;)) she'll give her a nip on the bum and chase her away to show her who's boss.

Theres no fighting at all. The only aggro is that they want to groom each other. I thought it was usually they want groomed, not wanting to groom each other. They are wierd bunnies!!!:colors::colors::colors:

Humping is okay.

Every evening during play time, Lo (the mamma bun) comes out and humps every single baby. Sometimes even twice... or three... or four... And then goes and lays down.

She's just laying down the law, and reminding them who's boss. Sometimes one of the will run away, so she'll just hump them later. It's really quite funny.

As long as it's just humping, and no fighting, it should be fine.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back