Mounds of poop and puddles of pee everywhere.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetShuga

Reaction score
Mocha is a little over 4 months old. I'm trying to litter train her but she still seems to poop everywhere. She is a free roaming bunny and typically does pee in her cage just not always in her litter box. She's not spayed yet and I can't wait because im hoping it will get better.
Anyways the reason I'm posting is because I've noticed recently she's been leaving a lot more little mounds everywhere (likely marking) so sometimes at night or during the day I leave her with her cage and surround it with her play pen ( I can't stand to leave her locked up in her cage). When I finally check on her I've noticed that not only has she not been using her litter box, it's as if she's forgotten entirely. There is up to TWO HANDFULS of poop and sometimes a puddle of pee. Why does she do this?! It's not that bad when I let her run around. Only when she is "caged" and not allowed to run around the whole house. :?

I think this is her marking. With spaying, it should defnitly get better.

So it looks like Mocha turned out to be a boy lol. I did have him neutered and he still does this. Am I to just assume he is untrainable?
I got another little bunny named Choo and she is spayed. She is litter trained and rarely poops outside her cage when I take her out to play. But she is a little aggressive and runs away from people all the time.

I think she's trying to tell you that you're not the boss of her. Does she poop & pee all over, or in one or 2 spots? If the places are limited, you could add a litter box at each place. At least one of her litter boxes should be big enough for her to lie down & stretch out in, with some hay at the end her head will be in.

Latest posts

Back