Moulting advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howard cordingley

Reaction score
My lion head has started to moult a d besides regular brushing is there anything else to provide like a tonic is it stressful for rabbits when they moult?

My lion head has started to moult a d besides regular brushing is there anything else to provide like a tonic is it stressful for rabbits when they moult?
Just brush him out and make sure that he’s not ingesting too much fur. It’s generally not stressful for your rabbits and they go through a heavy moult like every four months or something like that. Make sure that they’re getting enough hay and water and that the fur isn’t causing any blockages

One of the things I do prevent the rabbit from getting to full of its own hair in addition to the brushing and lots of hay is give them a Digestive support tablet from Sherwood. I give one a day during a moult. My rabbits love them although they might take a bit to get to where they like them. If your noticing lots of hair in their poop then up them too 2 a day.

Latest posts

Back