Morgan to the ER...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
angieluv wrote:
If you trust the vet that you saw todayI would quit the antibiotics. I assume that you are probably using an antibiotic salve . Keep a close eye on his eye :)headsmack I'm not trying to be smart-mouthed) and always wash your hands before youdo anything around his eye. if you notice even the slightest changes I would call the vet and go back in.
I have a cat that was hit by accident in her eye by my young blue heeler puppy. she received a blunt force trauma. We did not have surgery done as she is 19 yrs old , however, she did not lose her eye but has lost some sight...the eye has a cloudy appearance but is not painful

you rabbit will adapt to sight change in the eye but it is most important to prevent infection and make sure that that Morgan is comfortable and not in pain.

I liked this vet. He's very nice and explained things well. He said his family raised rabbits when he was younger so at least he has had some experience with them. I think he's their 'rabbit vet'. He offered to let me bring the litter I have to him and will determine the sex for me so he feels confident doing it. He even said too he should be able to tell 'but if I'm not sure I'll tell you that too'. I like that.

He said to look for any changes in color, pawing at his eye or rubbing and he has a bulge now (from the trauma)but any changes to that.

Pleased to hear that, so far, things seem OK with Morgan. It's always a good feeling to have a vet that is sympathetic, and appears to have at least some knowledge of rabbits.

Keeping good thoughts coming your way

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
Pleased to hear that, so far, things seem OK with Morgan. It's always a good feeling to have a vet that is sympathetic, and appears to have at least some knowledge of rabbits.

Keeping good thoughts coming your way

Jan
Thanks :). The vet I was going to use I liked but I met the owner once and just didn't like her. This place I've used for my horse and then they expanded and have like 4 clinics now so I figure they should be pretty good :).

Latest posts

Back