More "Wee" Problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently live with my couch covered in garbage bags and old shower curtains.
:baghead

That must be super-comfy while watching a suspense/horror movie...

The hero of the movie is just about to turn a corner in a haunted insane asylum AND...

*crunch crackle crunch*

Someone on your couch moves... Suspense, over. lol

hehe :p

We finally got our mattress pad broken in. It was like sleeping on a tarp for the first week or so. Now, there's no crinkle to it! :biggrin2: Toby has been very good with him litter box again. He still has accidents, but it is the same as before (1-2 wee spots per week).

Berry-Boo flooded the corner of our hallway because I forgot to put her back in her cage... She was only out for an extra ten minutes, but that was enough. When I finally remembered she was out, she was sitting all hunched up near our roommate's door and had this super-guilty, I-hope-she-doesn't-look-over-there look on her face. I felt so bad. She reminded me of a dog when they have an accident on the carpet. :( Poor girlie.

Oh, we take the plastic off before we sit down. But we have to remember to put it back!;)

Oh, OK. You're not like the clean-freak people who have plastic runners, shrinky-wrapped couches/chairs, etc? ;):p

Those people scare me... :shock:

Ihave a plastic mattress pad on our queen size bed.

Not because of the rabbits but because of my cat William who has not only peed on the bed but peed on top of me while I was sleeping; I could feel the wet warm urine seeping though the comforter.
For about a year he was not allowed in the bedroom but now in addition to the plastic mattress pad I cover the bed with a plastic throw away tarp that is used for painting jobs. It is plastic on one side and sort of cloth on the other side..cost aboot $5.00 at menards

so far he hasn't done it again.

That is good! Naughty kitty!

Toby hasn't tried anything since I started putting the plaid blanket over the bed. He hops around on it, but no "presents" yet. :) Hope!

Sakura pees on our bed, but not her bed (there is a single bed in her room) so I can only gather that she's trying to mix in her smells with ours.

What I find I have to do is get a large, old blanket that I don't mind being pee'd on, and have it on the bed when she's in there, otherwise I'm washing bed linen all day too :?.

I also came up with a litterpan theory the other day. I find that she is worse about using hers if it's too clean, I think that cleaning it too thoroughly takes away the "this is my toilet smell, I smell that I have peed here before" smell, so she spends tiome wondering where her toilet has gone, and then goes and pees somewhere else because she can't hold it in. If I just wipe out her litter trays with paper towels, she will pee in them right away when I put fresh litter in. If I wash them with bleach or vinegar, she will use them as beds for at least a day and pee elsewhere.

For animals with tiny brains, they are aren't simple! Most complicated pet I have ever had :shock:.

My bedroom isn't bunny-proof, thus they are not allowed in there, ever. Once they got in, the baby gate wasn't latched all the way, but we noticed right away and let them smell around for a minute before shooing them out.

However. Amelia will sometimes pee in the corner of her pen. (The bunny pen takes up about 25% of the living room.) I also had to remove their old condo, as she would pee in the corners of it, and it had fixed carpeting for the flooring. I didn't even realized how bad it smelled until I took it out. (I did spot-clean with vinegar, but couldn't get it all.) I used to think she did it because she was lazy, and just didn't want to hop 10 feet over to the litter box.

Now she will sometimes pee in the back corner, but I think she might do it as a sign of disapproval. She hadn't done it in a long time, but then last weekend when our new sofa was delivered, she did it. (Thankfully after the delivery guys left!) She just looked out of the pen at us, hopped over to the corner and peed. When Jason went in to clean it up, she hopped over to him and bit the top of his foot. :p I think she was just showing us that she didn't like all the hubub that was going on.
I will be making a new condo for them soon, with plywood shelves and World Market grass mats instead of carpet. I will also be getting a second (small) litter box to put in that side of the pen to try to encourage her to be a little more tidy.

Hi,

Just my opinion here....but I would really have a vet check on your rabbit. Age has nothing to do with urinary issues. I would do three things at the vet. First, I would do a full blood panel with EC titer. I would like to see an x-ray of the lower abdomen to check for bladder sludge. And finally, a urinalysis to check for bacteria and/or blood in the urine. I think all of the ideas provided by other members are excellent ideas....assuming a behavioral issue. But if this is a medical issue, these ideas won't work and there is something going on that needs to be addressed. If the PE shows no medical issues....then you work on behavior but I have a feeling this might be medical issue.

Randy

I was hoping it wasn't medical :(

I want to take him to the vet, but I have no money (literally). I just had to borrow money to pay my rent :( Once I get a job, I will be able to get him into the vet...

Latest posts

Back