more rabbit woes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Jesse

Reaction score
If you read my latest post about my falling rabbit then here is another situation. I have another, ayear old Dutch and about 4 days ago stopped eating. No matter what I offered or how I offered it she refused to eat or drink. I started her on Critcal Care and a fluid solution which I gave her intravenously. Her head, neck and ears are also trembling.

Today she finally ate 3 small slices of apple and a bunch of dandelion leaves. But she is still trembling and her left ear is twitching. Again being more than paranoid I suspect EC as we had a rabbit with those same symptoms which eventually became paralyzed. I startedthis rabbit on a course of Panacur just in case.

Tomorrow I am going to the vet and will take just one rabbit - rules of the vet's office and only 15 minutes allotted - soI may take her instead of the which is falling because I think the latter has EC.

I have searched over and over trying to find the cause of these sudden diseases and cannot find any. The garden greens I picked were from my garden and not sprayed and their hutches are cleaned out daily.

Obviously I am quite worried and sad at the same time. I do not want to lose these creatures.

Latest posts

Back