More pics on the mystery colored EL baby...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whaleyk98

Reaction score
100_4225.jpg

100_4228.jpg

100_4219.jpg

100_4218.jpg

100_4226.jpg

All the rest are black...you can clearly see the difference between them. Is it seal?

Heres the underside of the bunny. In person he looks like a drk smokey charcoaly grey color. I guess Ill just have to wait till he gets Thanks everyone for the guesses.
100_4250.jpg

100_4249.jpg

Mom=blue
dad=black

in the dads peds there is chin,tort (black and blue),black, REW, chestnut, sable point, and lynx.

Moms is blue, opal, chin, steel, and tort.

The shaded genes could possibly be hiding in both parents. Torts, in my experience, are often used with sables and sable points (which would give them the shaded gene to carry)
And the shaded gene could have from from the rew, or sable point in the dad's ped.

One of my side projects at the moment is making a bunch of Self (blacks, but perhaps blues soon) that carry shaded and non extension, to use with my shaded program.

It's the foot color that's really getting me on that baby. It looks very, very similar to the seal I have out back right now.

The bottom of the feet are always going to be slightly different from the rest of the fur because, quite frankly, they walk on them. That is nothing to worry about.
It does look like a seal or even a siamese sable if it continues to get lighter as it grows. As I said before, "dark smokey charcoal grey" is exactly what he is supposed to look like at this age if he is a seal.

lelanatty wrote:
The bottom of the feet are always going to be slightly different from the rest of the fur because, quite frankly, they walk on them. That is nothing to worry about.
It does look like a seal or even a siamese sable if it continues to get lighter as it grows. As I said before, "dark smokey charcoal grey" is exactly what he is supposed to look like at this age if he is a seal.
ok, thanks. I think Im going to go with seal for now. That seems to be the best fit for what he is at the moment =) Silly rabbits and their mystery colors:p

Back