More confused than ever about my rabbits breed..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoecat6

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago when I got my new 4 weekold buns I put their pics up and it was agreed that they werenetherland dwarfs. Since then (2 weeks) their looks havechanged a lot, they have grown a lot for six week old babies and arealready as big as my adult netherland dwarf, also their ears are waytoo big to be ND. When I went to a rabbit show this weekend Ilooked for something that looked like them and didn't see anythingremotely close. They resemble a Californian but they haveshaded fur which I don't see on a californian and I don't believe theywillgetasbig.
05-06-05twins.jpg
Iam thinking that they are a mix of some kind but I've seen the wholelitter and they all look exactly the same.

05-03-05.jpg
Againseems like the ears are way too big to be a ND. Any ideas;)?

I also forgot ....dwarfs have lil tiny ears...from what i can see your buns have bigger ears than a dwarf...i wastold that my ramona was a dwarf and boy was i in for a surprisehahahaha she is big!!! good luck!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwD2AnQTII2Yeu8B753CwtM0YAeLT5o4s4pPi4fx2WTrCgSuqHYSGJbAPICArkSdI6h!XxwhrLVEJibYVSIQKIWfw5VBZy9t4A97tdGN!GI/104-0498_IMG.JPG?dc=4675495134678101110

Look how those ears have grown!!!!

They look a lot like Himalayan babies (not Netherlands like I thoughfrom the first photos). The "shading" on the coat is "babyfrosting" that will molt out into a pure white coat.

The Himalayans have a unique, long, slender body type and very finebone. Here is more infohttp://ahra.homestead.com/

Pam

I think they are himilayans too, i see very fewof them at shows.21/2 to 41/2 lbs is what the standard says they mayweight.Their temperments are very sweet.bluebird

i think your right

you can get siamese rabbits

but i dont no if they would come in seal point or chocolate point breeds

i no as i had one as a young girl

varna xxxx

Thanks everyone for your help! I wasat a bunny show this weekend but I only saw adults. And theydidn't have the shading on the fur that mine do, so I wasconfused. The pet store still has 3 of them in the back roomtill they reach 8 weeks (there were complaints), and themanager was wondering what they were also so she would know what tolable them as when she sells them.

Latest posts

Back