More Bunny Help Needed!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trixiesowner

Reaction score
Every time I let my bunny out in the yard sheplays just fine. But when I try to get her or pick her up she boltsoff. It takes me about twenty minutes to catch her! How can I stop herfrom doing this?

get one of her favorite treats and give it to yourbun then pick her up...make sure you have enough to keep her eatingwhile you take her back to her cage. If it the cage isclose...just slowly get her to the cage, then lift up gently...that'show we have to get Emmit in his cage sometimes. Good luck!

Also, never chase her...just sit down and wait forher to come to you...and this will go much more quickly if you havefood for her.

Ii would also try keeping her in a small area pickher up alot and give a treat like going to rabbit school. I have anxpen and I used this with Miss Grace as she bit when you tried to catchher and we did it a couple of times 3x a day and made great progressknowing being caught was a good thing. It is against a buns nature tolike being picked up so you need to teach them it is bearable

Latest posts

Back