More Basil

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bad kelpie

Reaction score
I hope you guys aren't sick of his ugly mug yet :).

This is his home. The plan is to be able to let him have free run of the backyard, but my roomate has 2 4 lb dogs who still want to eat him. He's the same size as them, but we'll wait until he's bigger before we try them together.

The river rock is "messy" because I just got him a bale of hay so I gave him a whole bunch, and I just gave him a bunch of dandelions too :). He stretches out on the rock when he's warm.

7412157616_850c2c3ae6_z.jpg

Posing with his bunny shaped food bowl. I found this at goodwill right before I went to get him :).

7412157162_07600fb4dd_z.jpg

That silly spot again.

7412156800_acf6a15ea3_z.jpg

:inlove:

I'm in love! He's so adorable, and has just the sweetest face. I hope you get video when he's bigger than the dogs...I'd love to see the looks on their faces when he outgrows them. LOL Thanks for sharing!

Sophie would protect him! She loves to grunt and charge the cats (11 and 13 pounds). She could take on 4 pound dogs no problem! After all, the whole world belongs her SoBee and is here for her pleasure. :p

Now, how to hop all the way to Washington..... Plus I envy your even weather. It's 98 degrees and horribly humid here today. Thank goodness for AC in the bunny room!

Cute and great setup!

I can't speak for everyone but I never get sick of seeing bun pictures. Keep em coming :)

MiniLopHop wrote:
Sophie would protect him! She loves to grunt and charge the cats (11 and 13 pounds). She could take on 4 pound dogs no problem! After all, the whole world belongs her SoBee and is here for her pleasure. :p

Now, how to hop all the way to Washington..... Plus I envy your even weather. It's 98 degrees and horribly humid here today. Thank goodness for AC in the bunny room!

Most people don't know this, but the part of Washington that is east of the cascades is not green and rainy like the west side. It's a desert here, really. We get 100+ degree days in summer and single digits in winter and 300 days of sunshine. If the rocks and mister don't cut it on the hot days, he might have to come in. Which he will hate because he'll have to be caged.

It gets old. Summers are HOT (except right now, thunderstorm season brings some slightly cooler days, but it was 90 yesterday). It will be hot and dry now until October.

This is basically what our terrain looks like:

3670475662_b56306a5be_z.jpg

This was taken in May, a few years ago. See the green plants by the road? By July, everything is brown and the green won't be back until March.

We vacation on the west side to get out of the heat. My aunt from Seattle comes over here to soak up the sun. :)

Back