Moose has been rehomed..:(.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChompersMom

Reaction score
As some of you might remember, I was going to try and build Moose, my English Lop, a NIC cage in my room. Well, as it turns out, there was barely any room left in my room for me. My father didn't want Moose anywhere else in the house except for in my room, where Chompers cage is currently as well, and the two dogs sleep. I didn't like him being in the cage I had, even with out time it just wasn't fair to him. My father offered to build him an outdoor hutch but I really didn't want to have to keep him outside in this Az heat. I found a girl who wanted him and offered him free-roam of his own room, as well as an outdoor run. She has many other rabbits and I let her know if she EVER wanted to get rid of him to contact me so I could take him back. Once I get a house I will let her know that she is more than welcome to give him back if she chooses but otherwise I would not require her to return him (I don't believe that's right).

I will adopt a new rabbit once I move. I hope everyone understands my choice and doesn't put me down for it. I didn't realize how large English lops were until I met Moose and after seeing the condition he was living in I had to take him..even if there wasn't much room in my room.

At least this girl keeps me updated on him and he seems to be settling well.

Chompers is staying with me, of course, since he was my first and my heart rabbit.

On a brighter note I brushed Chompies out for an hour and a half yesterday and got LOTS of undercoat. He looks so pretty now! I'll have to take some pictures for you guys.

Farewell my Moose..I hope you enjoy your new home:

Picture026.jpg

I'm sorry you had to rehome him. It does sound like the best thing for both of you right now. Maybe when you can live on your own you can get him back.

Aww I'm sorry you had to make such a tough decision, but it seems it was the best option right now for you. I really hope you can get him back at some point. :hug:

I think the decision you made to rehome Moose was a tough one, but one that should be respected as you did what you felt was best for you, Chompers, and Moose.

I'm very sorry you had to go that route, but I can understand completely. It's wonderful that you can stay in contact with his new owner and see how he's doing. I'm sure that's a weight off your shoulders. It sounds like you made the best decision for everyone and everybun involved.

Latest posts

Back