Moody bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChandieLee

Reaction score
Bailey seems to be rather moody lately- a bit of background information, she's roughly 4 years old, spayed, and she's never had significant health issues.
Normally, she's a pretty happy little love bug, but recently, she's been just plain moody. She's not that interested in pets anymore, she runs away from me when I try to give her any attention, and even if I sit on the floor and wait for her to come to me, she just sits under the couch and kind of glares at me. I've been trying to think if anything's changed that might have thrown her off, but I'm drawing a blank. Any idea?

I would have a health check at the vets. I wonder if the weather change, colder and wetter, may be irritating arthritic issues? Rabbits tend to have very fragile backs and joints in general. My Becky has chronic health issues with good days and bad. I can tell she is hurting if she had a hard time settling down for her nap or gets grumpy. She's never in so much pain she goes off food, but it's still a low level chronic issue to keep an eye on. I have metacam for her bad days and it really helps.

i agree with Brandy. There may be some physical problem that is making her feel uncomfortable.

So I wanted to update this. Bailey had gone back to her normal, sweet self, so I didn't make a vet appointment... but as of the last few days, she's been extremely grumpy again. Normally she comes to the cage door for nose rubs, and when I saw her sitting at the door expectantly last night, I assumed that's what she was waiting for. Well, I went to give her attention, and she bit my finger, right on the cuticle... it hurt quite a bit, and bled even more. This is pretty out of character for her, so I think it's time to make that vet appointment, huh?

That's odd that she is spayed and displaying such moody behavior. I would definitely take her to the vet and explain her out of character behavior. Let us know how it goes.

Back