Monsters

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i was gonna post an update on how Monsters was doing but i just noticed her front foot was bothering her. If u pull on it she immeditaly pulls it back and when she hops she doesn't put a lot of pressure on it. I don't know how she could of hurt it cause her cage has yesterday's news on the bottom and a couple of towels in it, and when she's out she's stays in my room and sits on the blankets and occasionly gets up and checks out under my bed.

Here's a video of her it's very good but you'll get the point.

Can you check the bottom of it to see if she has a sore on the bottom. ??

my rabbits have gotten them even though they live on soft surfaces

If she has a sore hock you could try to rub a little bag balm into it...as a starter

it's also possible that she injured it someway hopping about but check the bottom first.

Check her toes and nails. She could have broken a nail off really short, got it caught on a towel or piece of carpet (and that can hurt!). See if any of the toes are swollen. Check the base of the nails for small infections. (Don't froget to check the dew claw. It can get caught and broken too.)

If it doesn't clear up, I'd get a vet to check it. She could have sprained something jumping.

No I didn't mention it to the vet that we saw to have her teeth clipped cause that vet doesn't really know much about rabbits.
I will give her a good check over soon and if it contiunes to bother i will make an apt to see the REAL vet.
My poor girl she's been thru alot these couple of months.
Thanx for everyones imput.

ETA: Just looked her over she does a 2 small sores on that foot while i was rubbing the bottom's of both to feel if there is a difference and i found it.

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
How is cute Monsters doing? I hope she is doing better.:)
Thanx for asking.

Her foot is still a bit tender today. I've asked dad to ask mom to get her a refill of metacam for her. Her E.C. treatment is done. She's still dragging her back end a little bit but she can at least still be a pest to poor fluffy :p. Earlier she tried to hump him. lol. I kept telling her. Uh Un. That means don't do that she would look at me then continue on being naughty. Oh yah she also was herassing fluffy. Poor Fluffy was just trying to eat some pellets and Monsters was in his face i think she was licking his chin or trying to get the pellets from him. He wasn't impressed.

So Monsters is still doing really good other wise as she can still be her old self even if she isn't feeling well.:D

ETA: She seems to be grooming her sore front paw alot but i don't see or feel anything wrong with it.

angieluv wrote:
didn't you find 2 small sores on her foot? try putting bag balm on it ..could be the beginning of a sore hock

Yes i did find a couple of small sores but i can't put Bag Balm on it cause i can't find it anywhere. And no one was given me other ideas as what else I could put on it.

The main ingredient is lanolin I believe, and it is non toxic. Because this stuff doesn't taste that great, she will likely not eat it but even if she takes some licks it shouldn't hurt a rabbit.

I"m glad to hear she's doing okay, yay!

I would saY not to worry about her licking it.:) I've heard others say that about the Balm. It's pretty safe.:)

Keep us posted.:D

Latest posts

Back