Monsters and the Oz Man

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChandieLee

Reaction score
I am so awful at keeping up with blogs, and I can't even promise that I'll update this all that often, but I'll try.

~

It's been a very tough year and half for the buns, my boyfriend, my family and myself. Just to bring everyone up to speed:

Last March, Kit (the boyfriend) and I lost Necro to what seems like septic shock. He had been having tummy troubles. I made an appointment with his vet, and the night before I decided to clean up his messy bum. Mid cleaning, he had a seizure and we rushed him to the nearest animal hospital. They did all they could, but he didn't make. Kit was especially heartbroken as Necro was his bunny.

necro.jpg

A month later, my dad passed away very suddenly due to a massive heart attack. I lost my best friend, and life has been increasingly hard with out him.

mydad.jpg

And last July, my heart bunny Belle, passed away due complications and veterinary malpractice. I'm still so heart broken.

belle.jpg

Bailey is still with us, and our bond is stronger than ever. I think we both needed each other after so much loss.

bailey.jpg

And finally, Bailey has let a funny, new man into her life- Harley. He's brought us so much laughter.

P1010228.jpg

Recently, we brought home another little guy who desperately needed a home. We intended to foster him and find him a forever home, but he took a major liking to Kit, and couldn't bare to give him up. So we named him Ozzy and vowed to love him forever.

ozzman.jpg

I have so many pictures to upload of ALL of the bunnies that have come into our lives. I just have to stop being a lazy bum and upload them to my computer.

Oh o so sorry for your tough year with the loss of your dad and buns. :( you have some beautiful hearts to love now so I hope you can find some joy with your new buns.

Ozzy does look like my Agnes! Twins almost! :)

So sorry for all of the loses. I couldn't imagine life with out my daddy. Glad you have some new buns in the house to make new bonds with. They never replace but they sure make a nice new addition.

Thanks everyone.

Yes, loss is a part of life. A very sucky part of life. I've had a lot of loss in the last 20 years of my life, and it never gets easier. I'm working on finding ways to cope with it with my therapist. Next step: grief support group, not only for my dad but for other people I have lost, and the bunnies.

Bailey, Harley and Ozzy definitely make my days better :).
I know this might sound weird, but even cleaning their cages is a big help. I think it's the structure it gives me- I've always functioned better with structure.

I have more pictures to post! You guys should just badger me until I feel guilty for not posting them! ;)

Oh, and Ozzy totally looks like Agnes! It just makes me want to go and find him a girlfriend, but the boyfriend says no.

:grumpy:

So, I know I need to update this thing more often. I'm really just a lousy blogger. That, and my camera was stolen- my last apartment was broken and into and ransacked. A ton of money and electronics were taken. Thanks goodness they didn't touch the bunnies! However, it's times like these I wish they could talk because they saw the whole thing!
But anyway, as soon as I can get some decent pictures with my phone, I'll post some, and definitely with a better update.

Latest posts

Back