Mom and Daughter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dandy05

Reaction score
If mom and daughter have been in the same cagesincethe birth (daughter is now 4+ weeks) will they get alongas daughter gets older? We will be keeping atleast one ofDandy's babes, and since we have ( from what I can tell so far) 2males, and 1 female, I was just wondering if all would continue to bewell in 'bunnyland' with Mom and daughter living together.

Thanks for a thoughts, insites, comments, and help.

It depends on the individuals. Somewill get along very well, others may fight, or in some cases, thedominant rabbit may pester the subordinate rabbit.

Pam

:yeahthat

I'd recommend spaying the mom after the babies are weaned. Itwill help reduce her territoriality. Then keep a close eye onthem as baby bunnies sometimes start fighting with other rabbits whenthey hit puberty due to the increase in hormones. You shouldget her spayed when she's old enough too. If the baby startsfighting, you'll need to separate them until the baby is spayed, thentry bonding them together in neutral territory (where neither has everbeen before).

There's lots of info in the Bunny 101 bonding thread.Probably worth looking through just in case. You might evenbe able to bond the dad into the group if he's neutered.
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12072&forum_id=17

I have a mum and two daughters living togetherwithout any problems.Berri (the mum)lived on herown before and ever since they are in with her she seems muchhappier.:) None of them are spayed but they never fight, although Berrilikes to spend some of her time alone on one side of the hutch and theother two stick together.:?

It probably depends on the rabbits though, if i were you i would keep them together and see if it works.:)

Latest posts

Back