Molting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaggieMyBun

Reaction score
Hello everyone-just one quick question. My rabbithas been molting and i wonder what anyone can tell me. I knowit's prefectly normal but it seems that he's losing ALOT of hair. And,he didn't even hardly shed last year. (This could be because of his agelast year he wasen't even one year yet-He'll be 2 in March) Anyinformation would be great

Thanx!

Yup, it's natural. My bunnies have just startedto molt and get their winter coats, and I swear my lop has lost arabbit's-worth of fur.

Yeah, I'm going through the fun of molting withChompers again. I brush him daily to keep it in check. I swear, hedrops so much fur I'm surprised he's not bald sometimes! :p

MaggieMyBun wrote:
And, he didn't even hardly shed last year. (Thiscould be because of his age last year he wasen't even one yearyet-He'll be 2 in March) Any information would be great

Thanx!

Yeah, serious molting happens as they get older!

Rose

When i took Luv out to see Roger Rabbit there was fur everywhere, i was covered in head to toe in fur. I bet i lookes silly.

Cristy

Mine was completely black in the summer and now he is grey on the sides and on the nose. What colour would he be grey or white?

yep. i got teh same thing. emmy is molting likecrazy! if you give ur one long pet on teh back..you can see balls offur floating in teh air!:shock::p

You guys, you would not believe the fur that wasflying all over the place today. I had to bring Chompers to the vet(some of youmay have seen my post on it) and even though Ihad brushed him just before going, he had fur coming off him like I'venever seen before. It was actually kind of amusing because the vet andI had to keep on wiping off our faces and blowing it off our lips, allthe while fur is literally floating all over the room. I had warned himthat Chomps was molting and stressed from the car ride, but I didn'tthink he'd shed that much!

I can onlyhope that he got most of it off...yeah right!

Back