Molting duration

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I wonder, if anyone noticed how long the molting normally lasts... I have an impression (unfortunately i did not record the moment when it started) that my bun's molting this time takes way longer than any previous one! it feels like months... i would like to know, whether it can be a problem related to insufficient nutrition?

Because indoor rabbits (which I think you said yours is?) aren’t subject to changes in the weather, moulting can be a little bit random! Some do still moult seasonally, some all year round, some randomly throughout. One of the (very few) negatives to having a bunny inside!

Because indoor rabbits (which I think you said yours is?) aren’t subject to changes in the weather, moulting can be a little bit random! Some do still moult seasonally, some all year round, some randomly throughout. One of the (very few) negatives to having a bunny inside!
Thank you, Popsicles! i was just worried if it is normal to moult for so long! He probably has opted for this long term strategy... btw the weather does not change here much, just rain in various amounts around the year...

Back