Molting and hiccups

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ponyta

Reaction score
Jack is molting, I think. First it started on the top of his back feet, and I pulled the loose fur out. It was fine, the brown came out and it turns out his feet are actually white, and it has stayed a steady length.

But I was just trimming his back nails, and more was coming out on his upper leg. So I pulled that to, but as I got to his hock (?) his fur got way to short. It comes out really easy, the root isn't coming out, but you can see his skin under it. If I were to keep grooming him his whole leg would be bald, so I stopped.

Is this normal? Usually I just pull any loose fur out, but maybe I'm doing it wrong and his is to sensitive for that. His litter habits also seem to be a bit off, but I also cleaned their cage and moved their litter box to the other side.

Also, he has had minor hiccups for the past few days, and Lily just had a fit. I haven't heard anything from her until just now, and neither seem bothered.

Is this a gas bubble?

They had some cardboard tubes and ate them, so maybe that's causing a blockage. But if they were blocked up, would they stop pooping and eating? Now that I think about it, their pellets and hay haven't been picked over all that much. I've seen them eating, drinking and pooping, but it seems like they should be eating more.

Should I give them some fresh papaya or pineapple and see if that passes whatever is causing them to hiccup?

They'll be seeing a vet anyway when I take them into the shelter, but I just want to know so I can inform them if there is anything to really be concerned about.

Latest posts

Back