Mold in hay!?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mar1233ma

Reaction score
Hello,so I bough a bag of Timothy hay for my rabbit and started to feed them ,but like half Timothy and half oat because they don’t like Timothy that much so I try to add other hay so they eat ,they didn’t seem to like the Timothy I bought at all I had feed them for about. A week now but they had eat just small amount of Timothy and they mostly have been eating the oat hay,but yesterday I run out of the oat so I just put the Timothy for them and they eat more since there wasn’t oat ,but now I was about to refill their hay and I saw something in their hay and I think is mold! I’m not sure if it is really but it look like it is, I uploaded the photo so can you help me to see it is really mold?and I take out all of that Timothy and cleaned everything and got a new brand of Timothy ,but I am really worried that what will happen because they have eaten that mouldy hay ,what should I do?also the new hay I got seem good but they won’t eat at all that Timothy they just eat their pellets a little bit and veggies but refuse to eat this new Timothy 8DAAA927-EFA3-416B-8DEA-C4F199A3A9E4.jpeg

Attachments

• 3E4DB31B-8C3E-4EE4-B23E-B9EFA7782666.jpeg
    3E4DB31B-8C3E-4EE4-B23E-B9EFA7782666.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 2
That could just be a clump of something picked up from the field when the crop was baled. It doesn't mean the whole bag of hay is bad. You want to look for white and black spots on the hay strands, a white dust, dampness, and/or a sour or musty smell to the hay. If you don't find any of this and the hay is alright, they may not be eating much of the timothy because they prefer the oat hay, especially if it contains any seed heads with oats in it. Rabbits will always want to eat what's tastiest, which usually means whichever tastes sweeter.

Latest posts

Back