Molar spurs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amy662

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a four and half year old male bunny, believed to be some sort of Dutch dwarf mix, but to be honest his breed really is not know. I feel horrible because I have known something just wasn't quite right with him for about two weeks but couldn't put my finger on it. He just had some small changes in behavior. Well now I strongly suspect he has molar spurs. He has had some changes in eating and is not eating enough either and today he began to drool. I am taking him to a vet tomorrow however I am wondering if there is anything I can do for him in the mean time. This has never happened before and I'm not sure how it happened this time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you have access to Oxbow Critical Care, that would be a good way to get nutrients into him without him having to work his mouth much (and further irritating the mouth). If you don't have Critical Care, you can make a slurry from pellets by mixing in warm water to a consistency that you can syringe into the mouth. Good luck.

If you have access to Oxbow Critical Care, that would be a good way to get nutrients into him without him having to work his mouth much (and further irritating the mouth). If you don't have Critical Care, you can make a slurry from pellets by mixing in warm water to a consistency that you can syringe into the mouth. Good luck.

Just what I was going to say

Back