Mites/Fleas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flashy wrote:
Yes, that's great :) Hows the skin looking? dandruffy? sore? scabby? or just normal and growing hair?
One of her hocks is all red, But I haven't really given her the best look over, I'll do that when I groom her tomorrow!

I looked at her last night and it looks like she has dandruff is this just the flea remover done its job and I have to wash her, or does it mean it didn't work?

How long ago was the last treatment? Also, was it a spot on you used or an injection?

Flashy wrote:
How long ago was the last treatment? Also, was it a spot on you used or an injection?
Treatment was 14 days ago or more not sure though really but defo over 14 days! He just squirted it onto her like at the top of her body.

I would think that by now all dandruff should be sorted if the mites are gone (if she has mites).

Are you treating the cage and everything as well? Any chance it could be dermatitis or anything?

Frida had dandruffy skin on her hind end from sitting in dirty litter--the vet gave us an antibiotic and moisturizing spray to put on it. It worked. Maybe a bit of olive oil on her skin to moisturize it? It sounds like her skin's been through a lot lately, and it could just be irritation from that.

tonyshuman wrote:
Frida had dandruffy skin on her hind end from sitting in dirty litter--the vet gave us an antibiotic and moisturizing spray to put on it. It worked. Maybe a bit of olive oil on her skin to moisturize it? It sounds like her skin's been through a lot lately, and it could just be irritation from that
I'll try that! I clean her cage out twice weekly, Is that not enough?

It really depends on how messy she is, and how absorbent her litter is. I try to keep my guys out of wet litter by putting "plastic canvas" which is just plastic grid made for doing crafts over the litter.

Latest posts

Back