Missing nail

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angieang21

Reaction score
I went to give manicures and pedicures to all the Brandt Buns today. I noticed that Hershey's front right paw was missing a nail!@

CIMG4976.jpg

CIMG4979.jpg

Does this look specially odd? He had a nail on there the last time I clipped!! Should I take him to the vet?

As you can guess - Hershey was thrilled.

CIMG4980.jpg

it looks dried up and clean with no infection. No need for the vet.

Sometimes I wonder how they manage to rip their nails out without us noticing...same thing has happened with a few of mine

What a cute bunny. Benjamin (bf's bun) is missing a few nails and they look pretty much like that. Emily has a good point, but he also might have gotten it caught on a wire floor or something--I'd check so that it doesn't happen again. It healed fine this time, but it's not something you want happening a lot since it could lead to infection.

I haven't mani / pedi any of the buns since the fight with Gus. So it is greatly possible it happened then. He lives free roam in a room with a tightly woven carperted floor...so it had to be the fight. Gonna keep an eye on it just in case - thank you!!

I just clipped the nails of one of the new shelter bunnies. They were horribly - I probably took off an inch - except for two missing nails on one of her front paws. I imagine they were so long that she caught and ripped them out.

Latest posts

Back