missing fur on leg????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxknite13

Reaction score
So I just noticed this on one of my bunnies' leg yesterday as you can't see it unless he stands up and I have no idea what it is? The two bunnies haven't been fighting that I've seen no extra grooming is happening. Should I worry about this?

20140428_200903.jpg

Yikes! I'd be worried. That's some pretty serious furloss, like someone just clean waxed it all off! Take him to the vet, and the other one too in case it's something contagious.

Dang - that looks clean shaven off. That bun hasn't been given an IV or anything recently?

No. I just got them 2 weeks ago and they just got neutered and sprayed so there was some pain medication but nothing otherwise. I don't know if this happened before or after I got them. Sorry bunnies,but to the doctors we go.

Well if they've only just been neutered then it's probably from that. They will have been given a drip during surgery and it's necessary to shave the area.

The fur takes at least a month or two to grow back afterwards. :)

^Really? When my two boys were neutered they only had their groin shaved, there weren't any bald spots on their legs.

It does look purposely shaved though, I suppose it's possible. Call the place you got him from and ask about it.

But the female doesn't have that on her leg? Unless I can't see it cuz her fur is all black. I will have to check her when I get home. But either way I got them an appointment but it's not til next week. Hope it's nothing and they can get a check up at the same time. Also, the vet told me to bring a stool sample in case they need to check for anything...do I just scoop a bunch into a zip lock bag? Since they share a litter box I can't tell who poops what...does that matter?

It looks just like the section shaved off Felix's leg after his neutering - probably nothing to worry about. :)

Mystery solved. The adoption agency told me it was shaved for the neutering. Thanks for all the help.

No worries. The day after Felix's neutering, my boyfriend texted me at work about the same thing!

Back