Missing fur on belly?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinksalamander

Reaction score
Well i've had Lottie for almost a month now, and i can't believe i only just noticed this! She has a large patch of fur missing from her belly.

The reason i didn't notice it, (even though i do a 'health' check every other day) is that when i flip her, she is scrunched up, so the fur looks complete. I only noticed because she did a flop and i could see it.

I first thought that maybe it was fur missing from her being shaved when they did her spay, but its way too high up for that. She is clean, able to wash herself, generally healthy except for the eye situation.

This is the best picture i managed to get :? I know its really bad but its impossible to photograph. You can see the 'pink' patch on her belly.

nationalbunnies001.jpg

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

It could be from her spay. I've had some buns take up to 6 months to grow back all their tummy fur after a spay. My vet also shaves a huge area when they do spays, pretty much their entire tummies.

--Dawn

Hmm i guess it could, its just that its very high up and you'd think her entire belly fur would be gone. I don't know if you can really see it in that pic. Seeing as her health doesn't seem majorly affected i won't worry but will keep a check incase anything goes amiss.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

When the fur grows in, it can come in all patchy. I've seen some grow fur around the incision only, leaving the rest bald or just having a small patch with no fur until the next big molt.

Here's a picture of how much my vet shaves. A lot higher than just around the incision.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back