Miss Pepper

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingers_giants

Reaction score
So on Saturday there was a yard sale in my neighborhood, and there was a family selling this very neglected rabbit for 5 dollars. I saw the rabbit, and they tried to talk me into buying it because they knew that I was a breeder and raised rabbits. Well I walked around the yard sale and bought a few other items from a different neighbor and then walked back to my house. The whole time the rabbit was in the back of my mind. So I went into my house and started telling my dad about the rabbit and then said I was going to get it, so my Fiance gave me 5 dollars so I could go get it.I went back and bought the rabbit and carried it home. It was so sad..the whole time I was carring her back down the road she was just looking at me like "thank you thank you thank you!!"

Once I got her to my house I took her out to check her out. One foot was swollen and one foot was really skinny and tiny. You could just tell that she had been through a rough time. She is a really nice rabbit and let me hold her for like an hour.

She is now staying with my dads friend since I didnt have extra hutch space. I went and saw her yesterday and she already looks so much happier than she did the other day when I "bought" her. I named her Miss Pepper, she is so cute and nice.

I couldnt stand to see her like that so I had to do something. I just dont get how people can treat their rabbits like that.

Anywho I just wanted to share.

I'm so glad you rescued her. It has to make you feel good to know she looks happier. And she's gonna get better everyday. I don't know why people get animals then don't take care of them. It makes me so mad.

:biggrin2: April

I wish there were more individuals like you, gingers_giants, who can see the very neglected rabbits in the world, and reach out to help. At $5, the female is lucky a snake-feeding person didn't snatch her up.

The world is full of neglected unwanted rabbits that people wish to "get rid of." How I despise those terms. Your story of taking her in, and recognizing the gratitude in her expressive eyes, warms the heart!!:hug:

Not often do I veer to the local craigslist forum, however last night I did. We often comment how lucky our sanctuary and family members are. Responsibly knowing how many we can provide vet care and treatment for, how many we can get out to play, how many we can offer affection to! After lurking on craigslist and reading about all the rabbits who are no longer wanted, it becomes discouraging and like a stab to the heart...

All the living creatures who are viewed as disposable, and neglected.:expressionless

--------------------------------------------
"I couldnt stand to see her like that so I had to do something. I just dont get how people can treat their rabbits like that." - gingers_g
--------------------------------------------------
:sunshine:^.^ Thanks for sharing!! :biggrin2: :hearts Cheers to the birthday candles and years you two can celebrate.

It was so sad..the whole time I was carring her back down the road she was just looking at me like "thank you thank you thank you!!" - gingers_g

:D

:great:

Latest posts

Back