Miss Carolyn this is Zachary

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynda

Reaction score
Can I give Snuggles some celery?Will the strings hurt her throat or teeth?

My Mom said she couldsearch or something but I wanted to ask you. She's typing for me and says "hi", too:)

Celery has no nutritional value and can giveyour bun the runs 'cause of all the water in the celery. It's betterthat you don't.

Hi Zachary! :wave:

I do give my babies celery from time-to-time and they love it.

I really do practice "moderation" as far as treats and greens areconcerned, but celery is one I don't worry about because its got somuch water in it and not a lot of sugar, unlike carrots.

Buck and The Missus have always broken the stalk in 1/2 and then thrownit in the cage. I break it in 1/2, and then in 1/2 again and put it intheir cage. The strings - they chew. If the front teeth don't get them,the back teeth do. I've never had, or have yet to hear, of a rabbitthat choked on celery strings.

If anyone has, please let me know. I mean that sincerely.

-Carolyn

Lynda here....

Zach will be back tomorow. Thanks!

DSCF0024.jpg

What a Beautiful picture. :tears2:

:4hearts:

How are you today, Zachary??

-Carolyn

Zach: Thank you!

I don't like celery but Snugglesdoes:D I won't giveher too much and she can only have it when Mom is with me.

I'm pretty good, Miss Carolyn. How are you? I go to T-Camp every day inthe summer.Well, not Saturday and Sunday. My favorite thingsat camp are swimming and riding horses!

Lynda: T-Camp is Therapeutic Camp(in case anyonewondered)and I'm with Carolyn....if anyone knows of a bunnyhaving problems with celery strings, please! let us know!!

1stcelerytaste.jpg

Boy am I glad I read this. I feed cellery toDevon quite often, but now that I know this I will scale back hiscellery consumption.

HiZachary!

Swimming and horseback riding is an excellent way to spendyour time at camp. Lucky Duck! I know you must behaving a great time!

I'm very happy it's Friday today because tomorrow I am going to behanging out with two really good friends. They're coming tomy place for the weekend.

:ele:

I hope you have a great day today and you have a lot of fun over theweekend. Give Snuggles a kiss forme. I'llbe sure to give Tucker, Fauna, and Cali a treat and a kiss especiallyfrom you.

Our friend, Mambo101,on the forum found this forus. Don't know if you've ever
seen it, but I thought you might likeit. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/guineapig.php

Take good care, My Friend! It's great to hear from you.

-Carolyn

P.S. You can call me Carolyn rather than Miss Carolyn. :kiss:

Zach: that would be interesting. I have 16guinea pigs as pets and I am fostering 7 and rehoming them. Frankiewhat a cute name for your piggie. Does he have a piggie buddy livingwith him too. I have 9 girls and their names are Autumn, Blizzard,Harriette, MuMu, Patches, Peanut, Princess Fluffykins, Scruffles,Weezer, and the boys names are Checkers, Duster, Gizmo,Moppy,PorkyPrince Fluffykins, and Scruffy. I willbe needing some names for 4 foster ones that I am picking up on monday.If you have some names you like for boys let me know. The 3 are KingJr, Furby, and Simba.

I have a thread made with all of our pets that are living with me. Hereit ishttp://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=8887&forum_id=1.The only ones that are not pictured are Scruffy, King Jr, Furby andSimba.

Lynda here....I should set Zach up with his own username.

We only have 1 gp

frank062005.jpg

His cage is next to Snuggles....they kind of keep each other companywhen Zach's not home. They're in the livingroom and I'ma SAHMso, I don't think either of themcould belonely. IfI wasn't home, I'd definately get another of each!!

We also havea turtle (African Sideneck named Pokester), adwarf hamster named Cinnamocha,Cadbury-dog and Katie-cat.

Here's a pic of the cat and dog. I'll have to find turtle and hamster pics later. I know I have some!

cadburykatie2005.jpg

Zach came up with Thomas, Frank, Kevin and Jerry so far.

Hi Zachary!

You have a Guinea Pig?? I love those little guys. I haven't had one yet. Maybe someday I'll get one.

Ask your mom to post a picture of Frankie. I'd love to see what he looks like.

I agree with AngelscaviesNBuns. Frankie is a great name! I betAngelscaviesNBuns would be really interesting to talk about them.

AngelscaviesNBuns, how many rabbits do you have? That's great you helpso many pigs. Don't think I recall reading that anywhere. Good Job!:highfive:

-Carolyn

Hey, AngelscaviesNBuns, you would know! I useWoody Pet for Snuggles' litter box.....could I use it for Frank? He'snot box trained...goes any and everywhere...so it would cover his wholecage.

Linda, I am not sure if you could use it but Iwas told that I could use wood pellets which is seasonal and they cost3.5 or so for a 40lb bag. you can get them a home depot or a feedstore.

Carolyn, I had 2 lops Abby and Thumper. Jen has Abby and the bunnypeople in pgh has Thumper. I had problems with my landlord and after herealized the whole story he appologized to us. I told him that it willnot bring our babies back. We will have one baby flemmie who is now 6wks old.

Zack, Frankie is really cute and I like him. I had a black one with awhite top like Frankie's. I will post a pic soon. I love talking aboutguinea pigs and sometimes my hubby goes nuts when I talk about it.

Thanks! Can't wait to tell hubby we can get pet stuff at "his" Home Depot:p

I don't know what his problem is. He knew when we got together thatkids and pets are my "thing".Maybe he thought he'd change meor something. Right. Good luck with that!

Latest posts

Back