Mischief and Mayhem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuttinbutrouble

Reaction score
I figured it was time to start a blog for thecrew.It's been a week since these wonderful little furballscame into our lives. It certainly doesn't seem that long ago, though.Every day we see more and more of their individual personalitiesshining through. Elliott HATES his hay rack and would muchrather have his hay on the floor to nibble on. He's getting really goodabout using his litterbox. Hannah is the shy and quiet bun. She makesthe cutest little squeaking noises when she grooms herself and when shetosses her hay around and tunnels through it. Cookie loves to do thedead bunny flop whenever possible. She almost looks cartoonish as shetwists her head and ceremoniously pulls her feet to the side justbefore falling on her side to roll over. She's getting better with herlitter box, too.

Every day brings a new discovery. I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!

We took some new pics today. I'll start off with Miss Hannah's pics. :)

IMG_0428.jpg

I'm hiding....you can't see me!

IMG_0435.jpg

Oh no, not that thing in my face again!

IMG_0433.jpg

Hey! Whatcha Doing?

IMG_0434.jpg

Hmm...I wonder what the score was?

IMG_0426.jpg

Awwe...isn't she the cutest baby!

The man of the hutch....Elliott

IMG_0385.jpg

How dare you open MY box!

IMG_0382.jpg

Whatever you do....just don't look under my bed!

The ever-entertaining Cookie....

IMG_0425.jpg

Can't a girl get some privacy around here?

IMG_0379.jpg

If I stand.....just......like.....this.....YES, now I can see theTV better!

Such cute bunnies. I love the picture of Hannah being held.

I might just be missing them, but do you have any pictures of the whole hutch/cage area? It looks absolutely AMAZING!

-Amy

aeposten wrote:

I might just be missing them, but do you have any pictures of the whole hutch/cage area? It looks absolutely AMAZING!

-Amy

Hi,so no one getsCONFUSED:?about me posting about the 3 bunnies up there b/c basicallyCookie'sMINE & Heatherkind of co-owns her :tongutwo::D:D:D:D:tongutwo:.Well i'm Heather'sniece & i don't think we took a picture of the wholehutch*BIG HUTCH*but i'll suggestthat to her :brownbunny

&YES,Hannah is a big cuddle bunnyshe's just basically a little baby,Cookie on the other hand won't letyou do that,Elliott yes til he gets digusts with you..

Danielle & Cookie :bunnybutt:

aeposten wrote:

-Amy

Hannah is my cuddle-bunny. She's shy and leery of new people, and herbreeder told me she really hadn't been handled all that much since hershow career was ended after she developed a white toenail. It's takenher some time to warm up to me but now she loves to be held like thatand have her nose scratched.

I've been meaning to take some pictures of the whole hutch. Basically,it's 8'x3'x3'. It's temporarily divided into 3 sections (until we getall 3 of them spayed/neutered and bonded). Each one has an area ofabout 30x36. I was planning on once they're bonded, adding ashelfwith a ramp to give them an extra level and even morespace. Spoiled bunnies? Nah. :)

Heather

Aww such pretty little bunnies you have,i lovetheir colouring! and ohhhh what a spunky little guy Elliot is,i'm inlove!:inlove:

cheryl

Yeah, Elliott is certainly full of spunk. He gets a bit miffed at me when I'm spending time with the girls and not him. LOL

Here's a pic of their hutch...from left to right it's Hannah, Elliott, and Cookie.

hutch.jpg

I pull the tarp on the top down at night andwhen it's reallycold and windy (like today). I'm working on setting up a fly with amuch larger tarp to cover the entire hutch, and theareaaround it, to protect it from the weather. The red pieceon the bottom is actually an angled piece of coroplast that channelsthe waste into the wheelbarrow for clean and easy disposal.:)

This thing is so big and heavy that we opted to use our forklift to put it into place rather than manually position it.

HAHA...looking at this pic I can now see how horribly un-square thebottom braces are. Oh well, it may not be pretty but it's certainlyfunctional. :D

nuttinbutrouble wrote:
Yeah, Elliott is certainly full of spunk. He gets a bitmiffed at me when I'm spending time with the girls and not him. LOL

Here's a pic of their hutch...from left to right it's Hannah, Elliott, and Cookie.

hutch.jpg

I pull the tarp on the top down at night andwhen it's reallycold and windy (like today). I'm working on setting up a fly with amuch larger tarp to cover the entire hutch, and theareaaround it, to protect it from the weather. The red pieceon the bottom is actually an angled piece of coroplast that channelsthe waste into the wheelbarrow for clean and easy disposal.:)

This thing is so big and heavy that we opted to use our forklift to put it into place rather than manually position it.

HAHA...looking at this pic I can now see how horribly un-square thebottom braces are. Oh well, it may not be pretty but it's certainlyfunctional. :D
Yea i just noticedthe un-squaring at thebottomtoo. ohwell as long as it's sturdy.Cookie is alwayslaying in her litter box ain't she :bunnybutt:

I managed to get 1 pic of Hannah tonight before the batteries in the camera died.

IMG_0449.jpg

She keeps accidentally pushing her hay off of the top of her box whenshe grooms herself, so I decided to get creative with a toy that I madeher. It seems to be working out pretty well....no more hay pushed overthe edge. Plus, she likes to fling it around between bites. Gotta loveinteractive homemade toys! :)

nuttinbutrouble wrote:
I managed to get 1 pic of Hannah tonight before thebatteries in the camera died.

IMG_0449.jpg

She keeps accidentally pushing her hay off of the top of her box whenshe grooms herself, so I decided to get creative with a toy that I madeher. It seems to be working out pretty well....no more hay pushed overthe edge. Plus, she likes to fling it around between bites. Gotta loveinteractive homemade toys! :)
NICE.did you do that to Cookies & Elliott's even though he likes his hay on the ground in the back corner?

Oh boy! Just when you thought that the mischiefand mayhem couldn't possibly get more exciting.....it does! Halloweennight, only 2 weeks after getting the bunnies, Miss Hannah unexpectedlygave birth to 5 babies. Only 2 have survived, butmama andremaining babiesare doing well. The breeder told me that shewas bred to Elliott, but shedidn't thinkthat thepregnancy took. She was very wrong and I have 2 little angels to proveit! LOL

Hannah is being a very good mama to her babies. I'm looking forward to watching them grow up.

Hannah is enjoying her time in the house. I can't believe the changethat has come over her. Though, I'm not sure if it's the fact thatshe's inside, or if it's just the fact that she isn't pregnant anymore.I would love nothing more than to have all my bunnies in the house.Maybe I can do some convincing and find some room to squeeze them in. Iguess I'll just have to see what happens.

Here's a couple pics of the babies. I posted them in the rabbitry section, but I figured I'd add them here in the blog, as well.

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

nuttinbutrouble wrote:
Hannah is enjoying her time in the house. I can't believe thechange that has come over her. Though, I'm not sure if it's the factthat she's inside, or if it's just the fact that she isn't pregnantanymore.
I guess you could sayHannah is probably happy with both ;)

Those babiesmust have been such a surprise for you,i know how you must have felt.....i've been there ;)

The babies look nice and healthy,which is good

are you going to keep them?

cheryl

Oh yes, they were certainly a surprise, that'sfor sure.I am planning on keeping them. I'm just hoping thatnothing happens that will prevent me from being able to keep them. Theyweren't exactly part of the plan, but I'm going to do my best to fitthem into the budget.

Elliott should be going in on the 12th or the 28th for his neutersurgery. Obviously, Hannah's spay will have to be put on hold now. AndI think I'm going to wait until spring to have Cookie spayed, unless Ican figure out a way to fit them all in the house. I'd rather nothaveCookie spayed and then puther back outside whenit's cold. I'm keeping Hannah in the house until spring, so I thinkonce she's recovered from the babies I'll have her spayed.

nuttinbutrouble wrote:
I'm just hoping that nothing happens that willprevent me from being able to keep them. They weren't exactly part ofthe plan
yeah i know what you mean about them not being part of the plan..just like my 5 unexpected babies!

fingers crossed that nothing will prevent you from keeping thesebabies,just watching them grow from day to day from a little new bornto a full grown adult..it's just awesome,i loved every minute of it :D

good luck with everything :)

cheryl

nuttinbutrouble wrote:
The babies are 17 days old now. They're growing so fast! Ithought I'd add a couple pics of them.

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg
They are just too cute Tubbylikes me =p it's goin home with me =D YAY & Hannah gave me morebunny kisses..YAY ME*CLAP CLAP*

Awwww just look at thoseadorable littlebabies,they are the most cutest little things!

They look so soft and silky,and sooo squishable too!!!

They grow up so fast!!!!!,they're going to grow up to be very pretty bunnies...just like their mummy Hannah :)

:inlove:

cheryl

Latest posts

Back