Minnie.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NOTE: THIS TOPIC HAS NOW BEEN MOVED TO ITS OWN THREAD:

Greenleafpets: Cocoapuff's Cat Scratch Abscess

Please respond there, thanks.

------------
Thanks for your feedback! The surgery to remove eye abscess and jaw abscess from cat scratch was successful on Cocoa Puff, although a small portion of the abscess is attached to the back of her left eye so they could not remove it all. They say that it could lead to blindness if it keeps growing. She is recovering nicely from surgery but still does not want to drink water. She loves the canned pumpkin and is trying to eat all of her other regular foods and dark leafy greens.

The vet is already knowledgeable about the benefits of Penicillin-G. She gave me plenty of injectable Pen-G for long term administration but said I could finish the Fortaz first to keep costs down. Should I just stop the Fortaz NOW and wait the required 2 days & then start the Pen-G to get at that eye abscess or what??? I have about 2 more weeks worth of Fortaz and don't really think I should wait so long to start it....your thoughts would be very appreciated.

We took Minnie back again last night. She had another Convenia injection as it stopped her from sneezing for 5 days. We are now going to take her back every 5 days. Has anyone had experience of Convenia injections every 5 days?

Yes! We've had some major arguments with vets about that. Convenia lasts two weeks in cats and dogs but five to seven days seems to be the norm with rabbits. It's well documented. Good to see your vet is flexible. :)

sas :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back