Minimum sized xpen for 2 rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plymothian_Sophie

Reaction score
Hi, so I have been asked to look after a friend of mines rabbits for a few weeks as she is caring for her mother. At the moment I haven't said yes or no as her rabbits are indoor rabbits and have their own bedroom whereas mine is an outdoor and isn't bonded, and I do not have that much room for them. She has offered to pay for an xpen, but how big will it need to be? I currently have a gap in the corner of my room which is 3 foot wide, how long will it need to be for them to be happy in it for a few weeks? They will have free roam during the day, it's just nighttimes, and whilst I'm at work they will be put in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

As long as they have substantial time out daily, I'd say 3 foot by 2 foot would be an ok minimum.

My two small lionheads have a 3'x2' cage and get to run around a small room for several hours a day. They are happy

My two small lionheads have a 3'x2' cage and get to run around a small room for several hours a day. They are happy

Yes, my bun does too. If you don't plan on letting them out, then I guess you could go bigger. But 3'x2' should be fine with some time out each day.

Latest posts

Back